New Restaurant in Santiago

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Will stop by and see how your chef are doing....
Anything special for Fridays night or Happy hour?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Went today, sat down for 10 minutes and was not even greeted. There were only 2 tables including mine so there's no way you were too busy, just not paying atention.

Can't tolerate bad service so I left.

Menu had a grand total of 13 items including salads, appetizers and sandwiches, none of them extremely appealing.

Left without ordering (no one to order from since I was completely ignored)

Let us know if you ever grow up into a real restaurant.

mark7131

Nov 7, 2008
Typical!!!

Well I apologize for the wait you experienced during your time here friend; I wish I could rectify it but I can?t. I think I am aware of who you are and for your information my girlfriend was waiting tables and helping me in the kitchen because were trying to save money. Since when did you forget what it was like to be human and try to make something grow, because the way you talk you?re a typical ignorant tourist acting like your the king of the world. I sent my girlfriend out to talk to you and offer free drink for the wait but it seems your typical attitude towards people affected your judgment. Also to reply to your remark stating their was very few items on the menu that?s true because any person with a brain would not open with a full menu when cooks are not hired and people have no real prep time invested in practicing those recipes. I think you need return to where you came from with that attitude because you sound like an imperialist pig. Why do people forget it takes time to become great, everything is now now now!!! I would surly give you free drinks and talk to you if I could but you made your decision.

P.S. To the gentlemen who visited tonight you were first-class and understanding thanks, I would be honored to know people like you in any country. I apologize for the wait and etc and if you pass by when I?m fully staffed I will gladly comp some orders for you and your friends .It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we can have some beers someday.

Reactions: FernieBee
If you got no customers,why the wait? If you got a limitedmenu why tell us about the diverse menu you have? If you want to run a business you need to spend some money and hire some people or you will surely go under. People will only give you one shot and will go elsewhere,sorry but thats the way it is. I also believe Mr Mike lives in Santiago so therefore is not an ignorant tourist as you called him.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Can you list the menu here? I mean if its the same churrassco and pechuga de polla con tostones, then i guess you would have hard time convincing people to come to your place. I mean we can eat this anywhere. People want different types of food now. I am tired of seeing all restaurants serving the same stupid burrito and lame tacos, burgers and churrasscos. i can have that in any papi chulo restaurant.
Ok Mr.mike had a bad experience and I can understand his point of view. However, I also believe in giving a person a second chance. I guess you can forget about Mr.mike ever showing up, I wouldn't if someone had called me a tourist pig. Just because he made up his mind not to show up in you place again, you didn't have to give him a F-you good bye . Not very professional at all.
I will come to your place and I will meet you. I will even wait for 10 minutes to be served, hell 15 minutes if am greeted with a smile. hahahaha
Don't worry mate, we all wish you success and progress. I will become your customer soon. See ya.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DR1 can really help your business or it can drive another nail it it's coffin.
This thread is a perfect example. The message board is read by 1,000's of people daily and by many locals.

Luckily I deleted the original spam post.

Once again.... DR1 - Advertising - Contact

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Well I apologize for the wait you experienced during your time here friend; I wish I could rectify it but I can?t. I think I am aware of who you are and for your information my girlfriend was waiting tables and helping me in the kitchen because were trying to save money. Since when did you forget what it was like to be human and try to make something grow, because the way you talk you?re a typical ignorant tourist acting like your the king of the world. I sent my girlfriend out to talk to you and offer free drink for the wait but it seems your typical attitude towards people affected your judgment. Also to reply to your remark stating their was very few items on the menu that?s true because any person with a brain would not open with a full menu when cooks are not hired and people have no real prep time invested in practicing those recipes. I think you need return to where you came from with that attitude because you sound like an imperialist pig. Why do people forget it takes time to become great, everything is now now now!!! I would surly give you free drinks and talk to you if I could but you made your decision.

P.S. To the gentlemen who visited tonight you were first-class and understanding thanks, I would be honored to know people like you in any country. I apologize for the wait and etc and if you pass by when I?m fully staffed I will gladly comp some orders for you and your friends .It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we can have some beers someday.

As Robert said in the above post, you are lucky the name of your restaurant is not mentioned. Based on your response to MrMikes post, I (and probably many others) would probably never patronize your restaurant.

You appear to be totally clueless as to how to operate a business, particularly a restaurant. Everything you said in your post was WRONG!!! A customer has every right to expect a restaurant to be 100% ready to open when it in fact opens!! There are NO EXCUSES, again, especially in the restaurant/hospitality industry. Have you never heard of a "soft-opening"?

As AZB said, most people will give a new business a second chance, but not when the owner has your attitude. To berate a customer with a legitimate complaint on a message board is, well, ridiculous.

You told the poster to return to where he came from...you should follow the same advice. You are clearly not the type of person who should be running a restaurant. You need to go to school to at least learn the first two rules of retail/hospitality...

1) The customer is ALWAYS right
2) If the customer appears to be wrong, refer to rule #1

If you can't accept this get out of the business NOW!!

And as to your overall attitude that everyone should "bear with you" until you get your staff in place and your menu ironed out, etc., again, if you believe this is the way to run a business....get out now!!! To use your phrase (well, to use it correctly), "anyone with half a brain" knows in business, you only get one chance to make a first impression!

For your sake, I hope you listen to, and learn from the criticism from your customers, if not you will be closed in a very short time.

Reactions: Chirimoya
Mar 2, 2008
Mark,
I think everyone wants to see new businesses do well. Most of us can understand and empathize with the difficulties faced when opening a new business, particularly in the service industry.

You should listen to, and learn from, the good advice being offered here. Put your ego on hold and think about what MrMike and David are saying.

MrMike and David both gave you some very important feedback. It is advice that many companies would pay a good consulting firm to provide.

Take the time to analyze your business in terms of public relations. In that regard, there is no difference between your small restaurant and the largest corporations in the world. You need the good will of the public and your community to make a go of it.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I actually hope the guy does well, being the imperialist swine that I am it is always nice to have extra troughs around.

The thing is my purpose in going out is not to help new businesses or understand people's problems. I do that all day at work and its not part of my Friday night agenda.

I am a very hard working person with 100 employees, 2 small children and almost zero free time. I have literally been out with my wife without the kids twice in the last year.

I literally didnt have time to wait, I had to deduce that since it took over 10 minutes to be greeted, food prep would also take an ungodly amount of time and I have to get home before the sitter turns back into a pumpkin.

I have been living in Santiago for 9 years and still have not gotten used to people with no sense of urgency or efficiency and no respect for my time.

I have also seen alot of restaurants and bars open and close, one was mine and one was my grandmothers. So I do have some idea what is involved.

track

Sep 6, 2008
I have been living in Santiago for 9 years and still have not gotten used to people with no sense of urgency or efficiency and no respect for my time.

I will agree to that, but I would say "Dominican people have no respect for my time".

Is Mark Dominican?

I don't want to offend the Dominican people, but this is very true.