Hotel in San Juan De La Maguana

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good hotel in San Juan De La Maguana? I've searched the forum and there is not very recent information. Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I doubt if much has changed since I last went there, although it would be nice :) I stayed in Hotel Maguana (one year ago) and Gallery (two years ago). Both a bit dingy but clean enough with a/c and cable TV. There are one or two others but I don't think they're any better.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a nice hotel just past the Police station when coming into town. It is off the road to the right. There is a sign, but I do not remember the name. Clean, nice, and from 600rd to 1200rd. The 1200rd is the Gringo Price. Tell them you want the cheaper room and you will pay less for the same room.

jackman

Jan 12, 2007
Best Hotel in San Juan for the price Hotel Libano, clean and cheap. Ask for the single room. (809) 557-2810
And if you work out , the best Gym in San Juan is Hard Body Gym check it out (809) 557 - 4075.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Hotel Libano

Best Hotel in San Juan for the price Hotel Libano, clean and cheap. Ask for the single room. (809) 557-2810
And if you work out , the best Gym in San Juan is Hard Body Gym check it out (809) 557 - 4075.

I stayed at the Libano-- very clean, great large bathrooms, even bedside lamps.... There is a rooftop cafeteria which does not have great food but sandwichs and drinks and a fantastic view over the mountains. I think it was about 600 pesos a night last year. Tops.

There is a nice hotel just past the Police station when coming into town. It is off the road to the right. There is a sign, but I do not remember the name. Clean, nice, and from 600rd to 1200rd. The 1200rd is the Gringo Price. Tell them you want the cheaper room and you will pay less for the same room.

This is the hotel D'Angel and the phone numbers are 809-557-3484 or 809-557-4653 and the price should be 700 pesos per night. This is a nice clean hotel with a/c and cable tv. Nothing spectacular but you cant beat it for the price and its central location in the town. I stayed there in Sept and October so the prices should be current.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Updated Information?

I may be headed up to San Juan for a few days and was wondering if anyone has any current recomendations and descriptions for hotels in that area? A lot can change in 4 years. Thanks in advance for any help.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Hotel Libano

We ended up staying in the Hotel Libano at Trinitaria#33 809-557-2528. We were offered a choice of a regular room at RD1100 or a suite at RD2200 per night.

The hotel was very nice with a pleasant and helpful staff. It seems to be mostly for business people and does not have many frills but was very comfortable. We chose the suite. It was not overly large but was very clean with a good size bathroom with plenty of hot water. There was good A/C and a small refrigerator. There was a big couch and good cable TV.

The suites are located at the corners of the building on each floor and had the very nice feature of large floor to cieling wrap around windows in the corner of the room. The windows had one way tinted glass so the views of the city and the mountains were beautiful. The tinted glass gave very good privacy but made the view seem like looking through sunglasses.

There was a restaurant on the top floor with excellent nightly specials (sanconcho, marinated pork chops), pool tables and a small bar. The views and breeze were very nice and though the menu selections were limited the food was very good and very reasonably priced. We had dinner for two and three grande Presidentes for a little over RD600.They do not serve wine.

The bar was not very busy and the baseball game on a small TV was the low key entertainment. The restaurant offers room service and we had coffee and warm ham and cheese sandwiches delivered to the room for breakfast.

There is a department store on the first floor in the plaza with a selection of clothing and household goods. The area around the hotel had a nice selection of clothing, furniture and other small stores and farmacies. There is a nice park nearby. It seemed like a very nice and safe nieghborhood and the hotel as a good size parking lot next door.
A very nice though basic hotel that was perfect for our several day stay in a very pleasant, friendly and scenic city and our visit with some of the followers of Liborio Mateo.