Men's bikini swim suits or not?

P

Pat

My friend is middle aged, in reasonably good shape. We have been having a discussion about whether he should wear bikini swim suits during our vacation in Punta Cana. I thought it would be a good question to post. Seems women either love men in them or hate them. What's your opinion? Does it matter how good a shape the guy is in? How young or old he is? Let's hear it!

J

Jodi

Hi Pat...it's the age old question, eh?....boxers or briefs. My vote goes for boxer style trunks. In my opinion, men look better in trunks than in bikinis, regardles of their shape or size. If he's set on the bikini he won't feel out of place though, lot's of men wear them in the D.R.

J

JENNIFER

Hi Pat-I guess an answer to your question would be to wear whatever you will be comfortable in so take it from there.Anytime I have been there people of all different sizes wear all different styles of swimwear-so whatever you wear-you will more than likely fit in! Have a great time!

C

Charlie

Personally, I like boxers on men of all ages. Makes their waists look slimmer. Nothing worse than a man's bulge out there for all to see. It's just like nudity with women. The imagination tends to be sexier than reality sometimes. Signed Lynda

S

Sue

You said it Lynda. Leave something to the imagination.

Sue

P.S. Feliz Ano Nuevo a todos!!!

C

Cindy

To each their own... however the concensus amoung our friends is that boxers are more practical (double as shorts and swimsuits) and they'll leave the Speedo's for the professional swimmers.

T

tony

My wife and I were at Punta Cana, at Bavaro Palace this past April. Anyone would not have felt uncomfortable in whatever beach attire, or not, they chose. My preference is the boxer type, as with most who have responded. However the European and South American visitors greatly out numbered the North Americans when we went. It was more usual to see men in bikini suits, and even some men in thongs. Although this is not what we are used to, it became ordinary after the first day, as with the topless women. I would however recommend bringing several swimsuits, because you'll spend most of the day in them, and sun screen messes them up.

W

Wade

We were in Punta Cana a couple of years ago with our 11 year old daughter. Most of the men were in bikini trunks. Our daughter thought they were gross. :)

M

Marvin

So, Pat - Patricia I presume. You post this message and leave us stewing in everyone else's opinions. The North Americans are the only ones posting and it's obvious that the Europeans and others prefer the bikini's. Apparently none of those women can post. Why do they like them or do they? So Pat, what do you think?

Personally, as a guy that wears both, I feel most comfortable in the tight bikinis. Not to brag, I'm not that well built, the support that a tight fitting brief gives me keeps everything where it should be if you know what I mean, and I can be very comfortable that way. No shifting around and no entanglements. I'm sure you women don't want to hear this, but physiologically there is a reason some of us guys prefer them.

And the other thing is, it keeps me on my toes to keep myself in shape. I know to wear these things I have to keep up the exercise and don't get to wild with the eating and drinking (except at the Caribb). I have to say, I am abit proud of how I look in them.

Opinions?

J

JuanBon

We prefer bikinis IF the guy has a decent shape body. My husband is Dominican and has a 27-inch waist and looks dreamy in a bikini. His bulge leaves nothing to the imagination. :) I on the other hand am a gringo and I look OK either in a bikini or boxers. I think this same discussion could also apply to underwear, but I guess that's another topic for another time. :)

JuanBon

B

Bill MacDonald

Wow, a lot about this! Actually very amusingthough, Pat is it, You need to have him put them both on then you both decide what you think ... If you like your decission that is all that is important. If you are not comfortable but do it any way it may detract from your vacation and it sounds like you are really looking forward to it! Bill

S

Sue

Your husband...you are a gringo....you wear bikini or boxers....same sex marriage, right?

L

Lynne

Re: Men's/Woman's bikini swim suits or not?

If you've got it flaunt it, if you haven't got it then keep it covered up! It's your choice as in the DR, anything goes. Be comfortable and enjoy.

T

Terri

We saw many men in the DR in bikinis and boxers. Personally I prefer boxers but if your friend is going to wear a bikini please don't wear a fag bag/fanny pouch. It looks so ridiculous!

K

Kathy

I agree that if you got the shape you should wear whatever you want to. Also if a woman wants to go topless, she should be able to without being gawked at. It is very common to see this in Europe and in Canada where topless is allowed.

P

Pat

I agree whole heartedly with you Kathy!! I am of French-Canadian decent. My opinion on the subject is... if a man is in decent shape and a bikini makes him feel sexy on vacation then that's what he should wear. It sure beats wearing a suit and sitting behind a desk with paperwork up to your ears anytime!! Also, I go topless while on vacation whenever I can. If the men are gawking...they must be from the states. I prefer a glance and a nice smile.

S

Sam

Pat- If he wants to ewar a bikini- go for it . Who cares what anyone else thinks! I wore a bikini up to the time I gave birth, and if someone didn't like it, they could go sit on another part of the beach.

M

Mac

I'm not sure a topless beach goes well with men's bikinis - if you get my drift.

P

Pat

I get your drift Mac...However, I think it would give the women more to look at!! Ha ha ha