i need a furnished apartment in santiago for a month! please help

domenico

Jan 4, 2004
im looking for a furnished apartment in santiago for a month from the 21st of december to 20th of january, anyone can hint me where to get something please thanks

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Hi,

Well i know someone who rent appts in the best areas of santiago but all his appts are only 1 bedroom

His name is Jos? and i had rented from him like 6 times, 15-30 days and now in december i will rent for long term... never a complain about the place

it goes like this..............12,000 rent .....6,000 services( since i rented short term i paid the services for the month) and 7,000 commision(here in dominican republic you have to pay 1 month of comission but since its short term i did pay less)

so in resume for the month everything paid was 25,000 pesos

if you are interested let me know and i will give you his phone number

France

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
you called someone else, because Jose and his brother Roy have like 12 studios, so there is always something able

They have one that is in Reparto de este, just 5 minutes walking distance from international mall

2 in cerros de gurabo, like 7 minutes to town (in car)

anyways keep looking

good luck

M

misterchicago40

HOW Much is 25,ooo pesos in dollars??? I heard for a cheap smal studio from 150 to 200 a month True or not????

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
HOW Much is 25,ooo pesos in dollars??? I heard for a cheap smal studio from 150 to 200 a month True or not????

That would depend upon where in the city the apartment was located.

25,000 RD is roughly about $715.00 USD. And yes, it seems a little much for a studio apartment. That's probably the gringo mark-up.

Consider this, my buddy rented a very nice 3 bdrm apartment in Las Esmeralda (a pretty decent neighborhood) for $500 USD per month plus utilities. With everything included, he was paying little over $600 per month.

Thing is, if my friend had spent a little more time there doing some research, he probably could have gotten it for less. Go figure.

Vince.

M

misterchicago40

What are you crazy?? I here the locals pay only 150 to 200 a month????

A

apostropheman

Let me offer you a clue: you are NOT a local...so it doesn't really matter what you might "hear". :paranoid::D

Is it sinking in yet?

Just because you want it to be true does not mean it is. ;)

Even if it is true, for others, it may never be true for you. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

What are you crazy?? I here the locals pay only 150 to 200 a month????
...maybe, are you? :ninja::D

M

misterchicago40

DUDE Why cant I get it that much??? All I need is a sleeping room like in a pension or something like that??? Why would I pay USA rent prices from 500 and up??? That too me is insane and yes I have plenety of local contacts,, So what Am Saying is not wrong at all,, OK....

A

apostropheman

DUDE Why cant I get it that much??? All I need is a sleeping room like in a pension or something like that??? Why would I pay USA rent prices from 500 and up??? That too me is insane and yes I have plenety of local contacts,, So what Am Saying is not wrong at all,, OK....
Since you have "plenty of local contacts" you should have not trouble finding what you're looking for without insulting anyone here or asking the same questions over, and over, and over...You're almost as bad as I am with all the iphone questions :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: Tamborista

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
you all are crazy.........

when i said 25,000 pesos you should read what i exactly said

it is just 12,000 monthly for a full furnished studio and located in nice places(wahing machine,refrigerator,tv,air conditioner,stove,hot water,diner table,livig room set,etc)...no barrios lil bedrooms things with nothing on it more than a bed...

when u rent an appt in dominican republic you have to pay 1 month rent in comission...

so............i said for a month 12,000 rent........7,000 comission(thinking you just rent for a month or less) plus the services which are gas propane,cable,water,electricity,etc

so it all is 25,000....but if you rent for long term you just pay the 12,000 rent and the services you pay by yourself.
Cerros de gurabo, reparto del este,el paraiso

CLEAR NOW?????

im not a gringo.....just a dominican so i know what im talking about

M

misterchicago40

DUDE BUT I Heard Man The locals live For 200 more or less IN Santiago and not all Dominicans live in bad neighborhoods OK,, I am talking about middle claas Dominicans all I ask is for help here,, Sorry...

it is just 12,000 monthly for a full furnished studio and located in nice places(wahing machine,refrigerator,tv,air conditioner,stove,hot water,diner table,livig room set,etc)...no barrios lil bedrooms things with nothing on it more than a bed...

when u rent an appt in dominican republic you have to pay 1 month rent in comission...

so............i said for a month 12,000 rent........7,000 comission(thinking you just rent for a month or less) plus the services which are gas propane,cable,water,electricity,etc

so it all is 25,000....but if you rent for long term you just pay the 12,000 rent and the services you pay by yourself.

CLEAR NOW?????

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006

CLEAR NOW?????

Oh okay. This makes more sense. Though I think the 7,000 commission is still a gouge, I wouldn't have a problem paying that amount of rent for a studio in a nice neighborhood in Santiago.

If your friend is willing to negotiate the commission, I'll probably be calling him in the near future.

Vince.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
DUDE BUT I Heard Man The locals live For 200 more or less IN Santiago and not all Dominicans live in bad neighborhoods OK,, I am talking about middle claas Dominicans all I ask is for help here,, Sorry...

In all seriousness, you should ask the individuals who told you this to help you find a spot. Using those contacts would probably be more productive.

I'll tell you this much, I once dated a girl who lived in a two bedroom apartment with her sister and niece. Her rent was only 35,000RD per month (don't ask me how I know this) which, at the time, equaled little more than $100 USD. But her neighborhood reminded me of some of those infamous wards in New Orleans. In fact, she gave me directions over the phone and when I got there, I almost told the taxi driver to turn around and take me back downtown. But I stayed because she was pretty hot.

Don't sacrifice quality and safety in order to save a few dollars.

Vince.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
I'll tell you this much, I once dated a girl who lived in a two bedroom apartment with her sister and niece. Her rent was only 35,000RD per month (don't ask me how I know this) which, at the time, equaled little more than $100 USD. But her neighborhood reminded me of some of those infamous wards in New Orleans. In fact, she gave me directions over the phone and when I got there, I almost told the taxi driver to turn around and take me back downtown. But I stayed because she was pretty hot.

Vince.

Sorry. I meant 3500RD per month.

Carry on.

Vince

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I'm paying 13.000 RD a month + electricity for a 3 bed / 2 bath APT on Calle Luperon a minute up the road from Hache. Electricity is almost 24/7. The only thing is it was unfurnished, so i had to drop over $5000 USD to buy stuff, same APTs furnished go for about $700 USD a month and i was gonna do that but i refused to pay $700 USD in commission to a guy who drove around with me, in my car, for about 1 hour and showed me 3 places. One i really liked, but when he said 'one month commission' i was outta there.