las terrenas 2008

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
The wife and I just returned from 8days at Las Terrenas and had a wonderful vacation. We landed at SD and took the Takeoff shuttle to LT and back from. Rudolfo at Takeoff speaks excellent english and was very entertaining and informative. The shuttle was rather expensive and for our next visit we will probably rent a car at the airport and drive as the new road is excellent and not difficult to find from the airport. Stayed the first night at Hotel la residencia las paseo which was conveniently located in town. The following morning we took a taxi to our resort, Residence Playa Las Ballenas. We had read some not so good reviews on the place but we loved it. It was past the allisei and colibri and on one of the best beaches we saw while there. One advantage it had over the larger places was a fully functioning kitchen, which we utilized to eat seafood from the fishermen. I would say the langusto and camerones boiled in presidente beer and dominican seasoning was the best;) We went on a las haitus tour and had a great time and took many pics. tortuga tours i think was the name and they were extremely professional and well organized. We rented quads for the whole week and had a blast on them. Went one day to playa bonita and another day to coson but that was the extent of our riding as the rain kept us near home and in town. The two quads cost us a total of $500 for the week which i thought was reasonable and we sure got our moneys worth. We ate at la salsa restaurant one night and were delighted by the young people dancing salsa there after our meal. Don't know if they were paid performers or just stopped by to practise but they were very good and we enjoyed their dances. We did go out dancing on saturday night at the gaia club and got to perform our bachata but mostly we danced in our room after the brugal set in..lol All in all it was the best vacation we have experienced in the DR and will definately be back. links to our pics.... Picasa Web Albums - benjamin - las terrenas and Picasa Web Albums - benjamin - LT 2008

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
the las terrenas pics were taken with a nikon coolpix s550 and the LT 2008 were with a sanyo xacti which is a video cam that also takes pics.