Already Started

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
It appears the high season has already started in Puerto Plata and surrounding tourist areas. And December hasn't even started!!
Why?
The cases involving foreign women and men getting intimately involved with locals of the opposite sex have already shown significant increases.
How long does it take to get married?
How can I get a visa for my novia/novio (girlfriend, boyfriend)?
If I get pregnant here is the child a citizen of my country?
All my money, passport and credit cards were stolen, what do I do now?
My new boyfriend, girlfriend cleaned out my ATM - now what?
I bought a car but my new 'friend' said it would be easier to put it in his/her name and now he/she is gone, how do I get the car back and the money?
We rented an apartment for just us, and now his/her family has moved in and I'm paying for it all - is this normal?
But he/she really is different, and I know, I've been around !
I only had a couple of drinks but then.......

Wishing you all a nice visit and a safe return home.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
NICE one tflea - Oh how true & I bet very few of them visited DR1 before coming down here!:ermm:!

Have you got any stats to show hat % increase/dcrease there is in tourists coming in 'this busy period'? Hotels are suggesting a real low occupancy rate from what I hear!

The OTHER way you can tell it is high season is when the Playa Dorada golf course rates go up ........ EVEN FOR RESIDENTS!! :pirate: :pirate:

Oh .............. roll on end of high season!!!:bunny::bunny::cheeky: ~ Grahame.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Banco Central

Publishes passenger stats for all the airports. I don't have the site at hand. Last time I checked it said POP has been up about 4% year to date over '07.
The $10 increase at the golf course is......p***ing me off as well, but I guess they've gotta make a buck while they can.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
High season has not truly hit yet. Normally it kicks in around the 15th to 20th of December and then rolls on thru to April / Easter ............

We are very very slow even for a shoulder season this year. Huge layoffs that are longer then normal and effect more individuals then normal. It is having a profound effect on Puerto Plata and area.

Tflea:

I believe the "sankies" have more time to focus on individuals and not get distracted by volume of tourists.... thus the increase in these posts and threads... just my theory.....LOL They are having a more "intense" vacation this year........ Poor victims/ targets/ tourists......:ermm:

contasm

May 10, 2005
Interesting information tflea;

The cases involving foreign women and men getting intimately involved with locals of the opposite sex have already shown significant increases.

This is somehow related to tflea?s post. I have also noticed a ?significant increase? in the number of ?imported? Dominicans leaving their ?sponsoring? spouses in Nueba Yol, Mayami etc? These guys get to USA and months later they abandon their wives or they start to show their ?true colors?.

?Herminio just left me??..?
?Wilmer ran a $ 3,250 bill on my cell?..?
?Johniavi wanted to hit me last night??.?
?Jianfranko ?lost? his gold chain.. (the one I gave him for his Birthday)?.?
?Kenedi gave up looking for a job?..?
?Fulgy doesn?t tell me ?I loves you? anymore?.?
?I caught Noleandro calling his ex-girlfriend?..?

As I said; this seems to start in October/November.
This is well documented in Dominicans to the USA - Index
I do feel sorry for all these ladies who invest a great amount of money and time getting these guys to USA, to later have their dreams shattered.

Please ladies, beware when ?sponsoring? and ?importing? a resort worker.

Saludos
Contasm

L

lavidaloca

Increase At This Time

Do you think its because people who go away for Christmas (for whatever reason, but clearly they're not spending it with their family) are more emotionally fragile at this time of year?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Recent psychological studies show............naahhhhh --
People have P.T.Barnumitis all year long, just more of 'em in high season.

contasm

May 10, 2005
Yes tflea; "There's a sucker born every minute" (P.T Barnum) and many flight to POP without reviewing Hillbilly?s rules.

As it has been said here many times before; the sun, the watered down rum and the ?sweet talk? from a resort worker (RW), will make a gullible and insecure (about her looks) female tourist the prefect target. It has also been asked; why don?t these women get a ?companion? in their own country?. Well, I thing VidaLoca has touched an important, sometimes overlooked, point; Society and Family.

Many of these ladies do not get a lot of ?play? in their own turf (their own society unfairly labels then as fat, unattractive; basically no girlfriend\spouse material) , and when ?sweet talked? by one tiguere resort worker (doesn?t matter how ugly he is), they lower their guard and make themselves vulnerable to all kind of tricks that many may have recognized in their own country. The RW can hear the rubbing of his victim?s thighs miles away and knows exactly the lady?s background and how to attack.
Many of these women don?t want to go too deep into the RW?s background, because they want to maintain an air of ?unknowness? about the relationship; it is like the feeling of euphoria, for some, of anonymous sex; ?The less I know about this guy; the better?.
By the end of the holiday; they are emotionally too deep into their newly found ?love of their life? and it?s almost impossible to take them out of that trance. The POP magic is taking its effects, and the lady starts imagining and fantasizing a life together in Nueba Yol, Mayami or Misisaugua. They do intense research (immigration, visa issues) in Dominicans to the USA - Index and start visiting their new man in POP, with plans of bringing this new ?toy boy? to their country.
We all know the rest of the story (and how it ends)??.. it?s sad.

So.. A new batch is just arriving early in Puerto Plata; or perhaps many of them are visiting their ?special one? for the second or third time.
Tflea, please keep us posted.

Saludos
Contasm

Reactions: Bronxboy

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
ehm....gimmie a break

Many of these ladies are beautiful ,intelligent, hardworking and just out to have a good time!!

Perhaps they happened to see the "Antonio" spread in playgirl, how can that not entise any woman to the Latin Man!

These women are not rejects or hopeless romantics, we could turn around and say the same things about men, but we dont...why ??BECAUSE WE DONT GIVE A SH!T....

we dont have to boost our egos, if it makes men feel better to think we travel to foreign lands because we can't get men in our own...then hey...knock yerself, think what you want!!

Reactions: Berzin

contasm

May 10, 2005
Many of these ladies are beautiful ,intelligent, hardworking and just out to have a good time!!

I totally agree with you Lapurr, a see those $ 199.99 Sunquest, Sunwing and Transat charter planes loaded with attractive, smart woman just looking forward to a great holiday @ Fun Royale and Flamenco Resort. I have overheard that this is a great break from their jobs at Costco and Walmart.. and Goddamned.. they deserved? why not ?

Perhaps they happened to see the "Antonio" spread in playgirl, how can that not entise any woman to the Latin Man!

Well, Antonio might be the odd good looking guy, within the masses of Resot Workers (from Equipo de Animacion) because what I seen so far is ?mucho tiguere feo? in all those POP?s AIs, but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

These women are not rejects or hopeless romantics, we could turn around and say the same things about men, but we dont...why ??BECAUSE WE DONT GIVE A SH!T....

I agree with you again Lapurr, and if they have been labelled rejects, unfairly as I have stated, we should blame our perfectionist, ultra body image conscious society. But
even though we don?t want to pay attention to what they say; WE DO GIVE A A SH!T (even if it is a little pupusito) and I can tell because you are posting in this tread

we dont have to boost our egos, if it makes men feel better to think we travel to foreign lands because we can't get men in our own...then hey...knock yerself, think what you want!!

Who?s talking about boosting egos ? Or making men feel better about NA woman having aventuras y romances with resort workers; They (men) might be interested on knowing why they do so but I don?t think THEY DO GIVE A A SH!T

Lapurr, have I touched a sensitive nerve ? It sounds like you have been hurt.
C U @ Plaza Flamingo.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Women do the same as men do!!!

Forget mars and venus!

We are from Earth. Equal.

Just think with your brain! (and your mula!!!!)

It is all good!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I totally agree with you Lapurr, a see those $ 199.99 Sunquest, Sunwing and Transat charter planes loaded with attractive, smart woman just looking forward to a great holiday @ Fun Royale and Flamenco Resort. I have overheard that this is a great break from their jobs at Costco and Walmart.. and Goddamned.. they deserved? why not ?

Well, Antonio might be the odd good looking guy, within the masses of Resot Workers (from Equipo de Animacion) because what I seen so far is ?mucho tiguere feo? in all those POP?s AIs, but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

I agree with you again Lapurr, and if they have been labelled rejects, unfairly as I have stated, we should blame our perfectionist, ultra body image conscious society. But
even though we don?t want to pay attention to what they say; WE DO GIVE A A SH!T (even if it is a little pupusito) and I can tell because you are posting in this tread

Who?s talking about boosting egos ? Or making men feel better about NA woman having aventuras y romances with resort workers; They (men) might be interested on knowing why they do so but I don?t think THEY DO GIVE A A SH!T

Lapurr, have I touched a sensitive nerve ? It sounds like you have been hurt.
C U @ Plaza Flamingo.

BTW, Lapurr says it like it is!

I like your posts, different in a good way.;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Recent psychological studies show............naahhhhh --
People have P.T.Barnumitis all year long, just more of 'em in high season.

Oh my goodness, Tflea, how many time have I posted that very phrase: "There is one born every minute" (No, don't look it up, at least once every 6 months or so over the past few years...but sometimes I forget and just think it!!! HO HO HO!!)

Your post was a good giggle this morning...thanks...

HB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Do you think its because people who go away for Christmas (for whatever reason, but clearly they're not spending it with their family) are more emotionally fragile at this time of year?

I think it's because you can get those dominicans out of the D.R. but you cannot get the D.R. out of those dominicans. They are missing partying with ther friends and noviassss. As they say La mujer en la casa las muchachas en la calle. At Christmas time, they only spend the Christmas Eve dinner with their family.

I do feel sorry for all these ladies who invest a great amount of money and time getting these guys to USA, to later have their dreams shattered.

Please ladies, beware when ?sponsoring? and ?importing? a resort worker.

Saludos
Contasm

I would just like to add the men who bring girls to the states,keep bringing them on over, Its like a never ending supply of women for me!!! They get to the USA then leave you and go to NY to find their families,Then I meet them and get them a nice job as a waitress or bartender in the Bronx and enjoy their companionship for many months too come with no financial burdens!!! Thank you all very much for my girls guys!!!! Keep em coming

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I would just like to add the men who bring girls to the states,keep bringing them on over, Its like a never ending supply of women for me!!! They get to the USA then leave you and go to NY to find their families,Then I meet them and get them a nice job as a waitress or bartender in the Bronx and enjoy their companionship for many months too come with no financial burdens!!! Thank you all very much for my girls guys!!!! Keep em coming

Share the wealth!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
hannum-barnum.....Still one born every minute. Nice site...I'll keep it on file...thanks

HB

contasm

May 10, 2005
Let's rescue this one

Let?s get the Defibrillator on this thread before Anna zaps it;

Ladies;
Bringing a Dominican to USA is an arduous, hard, complex and emotionally draining process; the rollercoaster of hell. After the process is complete, your husband arrives to USA and both of you start to face an endless number of conflicts, not only between the 2 of you as a couple, adjusting to domestic life for the first time, but also conflicts between your husband with his new surroundings. There is no colmado around the corner, no carwash to hang around with friends, no putas to?chat??? with etc?. This individual, predator-like, has been uprooted from his natural environment and starts to show signs of ?bachata withdrawal?, there is no obvious sweat running through his head, but you start to notice that he?s being a bit ?short? with you; the ?nice? dancer of Animation Team is no longer the patience teacher that took his time to teach you the right merengue moves; now he?s mad if his dinner is not ready after you arrive from your 9 to 5 job @ Citigroup. He?s upset if you say ?NO? to the $300.00 he promised to send to his ?prima? and grandmother. Things are not the same as when the 2 of you where together @ Fun Royale in Puerto Plata; Back then, he was the one ?dictating? the moves; now, here in USA, you are the one who has to teach him how to fill a job application. The ?Natural Balance? that was established in POP is no longer the status quo here ins USA or Canada, here you are the one who has to lead ?the pack?, making your Dominican husband feel inferior, useless and powerless.

So, that first flight to POP, looking for a nice, relaxing vacation, ended up with a new ?grown up? dependant, who just threw a bottle of Budweiser @ you because you couldn?t find him a cold Presidente..

Ladies, as tflea wisely indicated, have a safe return home, and leave the memories of hot sex in POP, because by the time you are boarding your plane back to Toronto (or Ottawa or Charlotte) Reginio is already working on his next mark.

Saludos
Contasm