Be careful, new laws start in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
All gun licences are being stopped in December including any applications already submitted. In a co-ordinated drive with the Armed Forces, all private individuals will be stopped from having a firearm. National police and other departments will stop, seize and confiscate any privately owned firearms. This a decree by President Fernandez that no private individual will be allowed firearms. This has also happening with people who employ their own guards and especially the many illegal security companies that have been operating in the country. Many have already been closed and others have been warned to stop operating by the end of December. So be careful people as I have advised before, please check the licences of the companies you hire for protection. The thieves will have a field day when this gets out.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i presumed this was just for the christmas new year period and was only meant to stop people carrying them round with them during that period-we wouldnt want to scare people now would we

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All gun licences are being stopped in December including any applications already submitted. In a co-ordinated drive with the Armed Forces, all private individuals will be stopped from having a firearm. National police and other departments will stop, seize and confiscate any privately owned firearms. This a decree by President Fernandez that no private individual will be allowed firearms. This has also happening with people who employ their own guards and especially the many illegal security companies that have been operating in the country. Many have already been closed and others have been warned to stop operating by the end of December. Raids have already taken place by the Armed Forces, mine included, which passed inspection. So be careful people as I have advised before, please check the licences of the companies you hire for protection. The thieves will have a field day when this gets out.

You are full of it. What you are posting is total BS Ladybird. The only thing different is in December you cannot carry licensed firearms on on your person. But you can transport them in your car.

They are still issuing gun licenses.

I know you are trying to drum up business for your broken down Security company, but this is shameless propaganda.

If you doubt what I say we can put up some serious money that you are WRONG.

If anyone wants to check on what I posted, here is the number to call. My friend works there.

Interior Policia
Control Armas Dept.
(809) 221-8964
(809) 686-6251 Ext. 2245

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Sky,
i paid right today the 12KPesos for the 'Traspaso' tax of my newly purchased semiauto, i sold my ole Black Beretta, the buyer acompanied me to the Banco Reservas and paid his traspaso there, too, in his case 700 pesos less because he applies only for the 'tenencia' permission while mine includes the carry around permission.
on monday i will be in st dgo to get the carnet for the new little one.
nothing of the gun laws changed, just the suspension of all carry permissions during december (dec 1st-jan1st), be careful, it includes new years day jan 1st, and the military is mobilizing many check-units, so i assume they will do many checkpoints on the roads, at least we know such during december and easter week here in PC, don't know how it's handled elsewhere.
violation of the President's december rule leads to lifetime suspension of your gun permit, you would never again get any, and they would keep the gun, so during december 2008 we don't shoot the thieves on the street, we invite them to enter our homedoor and shoot them there. it's a mess, to clean up a walkway of that blood is one thing, but inside the house i hate that ****, but presi want's us to do so for x-mas-peace, so we should be good boys and follow the rules.
merry x-mas
Mike

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
We'll see

You are full of it. What you are posting is total BS Ladybird. The only thing different is in December you cannot carry licensed firearms on on your person. But you can transport them in your car.

They are still issuing gun licenses.

I know you are trying to drum up business for your broken down Security company, but this is shameless propaganda.

If you doubt what I say we can put up some serious money that you are WRONG.

If anyone wants to check on what I posted, here is the number to call. My friend works there.

Interior Policia
Control Armas Dept.
(809) 221-8964
(809) 686-6251 Ext. 2245

So my meetings with my lawyer in SD and Santiago with the Superintendencia de Vigilancia and Colonel, Fuerzas Armadas concerning Resolucion No. 003-2008 are all lies are they? Duh, your misinformation is dangerous and you are going to look very very foolish when it all happens. If you have such important friends how come you didnt know about it? I didnt need to post this, Ive known for months what was about to happen. I was merely trying to warn folk about their firearms. Im done.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So my meetings with my lawyer in SD and Santiago with the Superintendencia de Vigilancia and Colonel, Fuerzas Armadas concerning Resolucion No. 003-2008 are all lies are they? Duh, your misinformation is dangerous and you are going to look very very foolish when it all happens. If you have such important friends how come you didnt know about it? I didnt need to post this, Ive known for months what was about to happen. I was merely trying to warn folk about their firearms. Im done.

Read my post again. You and your meetings are BS. Call the number I listed and get the real information.

Also read Mike Fisher's post. You have no clue what you are talking about.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and it is not only that i paid today for the again purchae of an other firearm (i really love my berettas since 2 decades now, but wifey is not comfo with the long 2 1/2 lbs heavy gun, so now we have a Taurus 380, i am married, that means She is the 'boss, ha ha), i am with the Marina guys 'collecting' the firearms here in the area including the incoming latin-snow in the area, i would have heard of such.
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Oh FFS, no one is being disarmed.

Thursday's DR1 News:
No guns for holidays
The Ministry of Interior and Police will be implementing a pilot program banning civilians from carrying guns during the holiday season, even if they have legal licenses to do so. Minister Franklin Almeyda made the announcement yesterday. People found with guns from 1 December 2008 through 1 January 2009 will have them confiscated by the authorities. The resolution, nevertheless, does not prohibit civilians from carrying their guns from home to work, or vice versa. The resolution states that the guns should be kept in a vehicle glove compartment or in a handbag, but it would not be available for use. Those found in violation will also have their license revoked, after three faults. According to Listin Diario, 73.4% of people polled agreed with the resolution while 80.6% of those polled agreed that only police officers should be allowed to carry arms. Exempt from the resolution are people described as "at high risk" and eligible for protection by government-authorized personnel.

Bolding mine. To avoid more misinformation and bickering, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.