Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hillbilly’s Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Add another rule/guideline. You can take the sanky out of the culture but you can't take the culture out of the sanky. Moving them to your country will not change their behaviour. I've heard numerous stories from Canadian women who experienced this. After they arrive in Canada, the seek out their own kind and end up disappearing into the landscape. In some cases they leave their Canadian sponsor with a child or two before disappearing.

Reminds me of the perils of having faith in your own judgement. Anyone remember the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where Arthur Carlson the station manager decided to give away turkeys on Thanksgiving by throwing them out of a helicopter over a mall parking lot? It caused a lot of damage to parked cars and danger to mall customers. All done in a humorous way and I still remember his response when asked why he did it. "As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly". The same applies to hoping sanky behaviour will change. Faith is not always well founded especially where the heart is concerned.
    the women are to blame. they would not talk to the equivalent of these sankies back home in Bullmoose Balls, Alberta, but they fawn over them in the DR. you see these girls sponsoring these guys in restaurants and clubs, and the women think they landed Brad Pitt. they guys are not suited for anything more complex than being a motoconcho jockey, and have no vision beyond that. in the main, they are looking for meal tickets, and nothing more. when they get to the Great White North, their allergy to work will become even more pronounced when they have a really big screen tv and several more channels.

2. Likes caribmike, cavok liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can change habbits, you can not change people.
    Might I add.... somethings just ain't meant to be.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by contasm View Post
    Hillbilly�s Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

Very few cases meet Hillbilly�s strict rules, and even if we �relax� Hillbilly�s rules a bit, by �diluting� them, the rules might not get a tourist close to a happy ending.

I think HB rules could guarantee a �somewhat successful, lasting relationship�, but what about those ladies who want a bit more than �a roll in the hay� but expect less than �marriage or a committed relationship�. These are what I call �InBetweeners�, they want something more that a �Holiday Affair� but don�t want to take it too seriously nor being taken advantage of

Should we water down HB rules ?
    Folks, remember, we are looking for rules that are not as strict as HBs but that will try to guarantee, @ least, a bit of security and piece of mind

HB Light or Diet HB

Examples : Downgrading educational level to : �your education level minus one level� (yEL � 1EL)

1 - Education :
    If you have a bachelor�s degree; he should have @ least a high school diploma.
    If you hold a Masters or PhD; he should have some college education; note that I�m not suggesting for resort worker (RS) to have a bachelors, otherwise he wouldn�t be working in a resort to start with.. (unless he�s @ management level)

2 - English:
    Should be good enough to hold an entry level job in retail/service industry in USA or Canada.

I think with these 2 points; your �new love of your life� and you are well equipped to have a chance to what could be a happy beginning (but, again, not predicting a happy ending).

DR1 readers; please, feel free to comment.

Note to Hillbilly :
    Hi Luis; by not means these are intended to replace �Hillbilly�s Golden Rules�, they are the gold standard and corner stone to a serious relationship.
    They are intended for the less discriminating tourist looking for a romantic adventure without the headaches of a broken heart.

Saludos
    Contasm
    Why do we assume that the Dominican should learn our language? We are in their country shouldn't it be on us to learn theirs?
    Der Fish

5. Likes Fulano2, jinty05 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote that in a post but a mod removed it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    I don't think that he (or she) should have to speak english if the other party speaks spanish. The point is that they have to be able to communicate, whether it be english or spanish
    SHALENA
    LA PRIETA RABIOSA PERO TODAVIA FAMOSA
    Are you suggesting the "international language of love"? Yeah, baby!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The only HB rule that Mr. C fails is the one about language. I'm almost fluent in Spanish so there hasn't been much need for him to learn English. If he didn't have hearing loss he might have picked up more English through exposure because my son and I speak to each other in English all the time.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

9. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    The only HB rule that Mr. C fails is the one about language. I'm almost fluent in Spanish so there hasn't been much need for him to learn English. If he didn't have hearing loss he might have picked up more English through exposure because my son and I speak to each other in English all the time.
    I fail to see how is not speaking English a "fail" of any kind on this "list"...

9 years back, when we first met with my wife, she practically spoke nothing else than Spanish, yet her whole family including her sisters husband are successful entrepreneurs and apart from her sister, nobody speaks nothing than Spanish, nor do they really have interest learning either.

To me that's nothing negative, there are people who are interested in foreign languages (like me) and there are people (in my family as well, and plenty in my country in the EU) who have no interest towards foreign languages at all, but are rather interested in other things...

11. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of HB's rules is that the DDD should have a decent level of English, but in our case it doesn't apply. My whole family speaks Spanish and so do many of my friends, even some of my British friends in the UK.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post

He should consider a stem cell (celulas madre) treatment, offered by a handful of doctors in the capital (there's a reknown doctor in La Vega that does this too.) It regenerates and repair all the cells in the body, including damaged hearing cells in the ear. Many people claim their hearing has gotten much better after taking the treatment.

Here is one of the doctors that deal with this:

To keep this post on topic, it also rejuvenates everything that has to do with sex, just what some people need to keep up with their 20-something sanky. lol

Moderator Polls Forum

14. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12