Hillbilly?s Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

contasm

May 10, 2005
Hillbilly?s Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules for getting serious with a Resort worker or any other Dominican for that matter:

1) He has a bank account equal to your own-in pesos, not dollars or pounds (You have 100 pounds, he has 100 pesos, that's all.). He has a Credit Card and can write a cheque.
2) He has a Visa to travel to the US or Canada
3) He is educated to the equivalent of your own level: High School, Tech School whatever.....

Very few cases meet Hillbilly?s strict rules, and even if we ?relax? Hillbilly?s rules a bit, by ?diluting? them, the rules might not get a tourist close to a happy ending.

I think HB rules could guarantee a ?somewhat successful, lasting relationship?, but what about those ladies who want a bit more than ?a roll in the hay? but expect less than ?marriage or a committed relationship?. These are what I call ?InBetweeners?, they want something more that a ?Holiday Affair? but don?t want to take it too seriously nor being taken advantage of

Should we water down HB rules ?
Folks, remember, we are looking for rules that are not as strict as HBs but that will try to guarantee, @ least, a bit of security and piece of mind

HB Light or Diet HB

Examples : Downgrading educational level to : ?your education level minus one level? (yEL ? 1EL)

1 - Education :
If you have a bachelor?s degree; he should have @ least a high school diploma.
If you hold a Masters or PhD; he should have some college education; note that I?m not suggesting for resort worker (RS) to have a bachelors, otherwise he wouldn?t be working in a resort to start with.. (unless he?s @ management level)

2 - English:
Should be good enough to hold an entry level job in retail/service industry in USA or Canada.

I think with these 2 points; your ?new love of your life? and you are well equipped to have a chance to what could be a happy beginning (but, again, not predicting a happy ending).

DR1 readers; please, feel free to comment.

Note to Hillbilly :
Hi Luis; by not means these are intended to replace ?Hillbilly?s Golden Rules?, they are the gold standard and corner stone to a serious relationship.
They are intended for the less discriminating tourist looking for a romantic adventure without the headaches of a broken heart.

Saludos
Contasm

Reactions: LaLouve

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I don't think that he (or she) should have to speak english if the other party speaks spanish. The point is that they have to be able to communicate, whether it be english or spanish
SHALENA
LA PRIETA RABIOSA PERO TODAVIA FAMOSA

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I don't think that he (or she) should have to speak english if the other party speaks spanish. The point is that they have to be able to communicate, whether it be english or spanish
SHALENA

Sometimes it is easy to communicate by beating your chest with two fists.

Reactions: Lapurr

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like most things Dominican, there is a lot of leeway: Budgets, electric service, legal system, etc.

Within this framework, as several posters have commented already, there is a group of people that work at getting into relationships with foreign tourists (men or women). All they have going for them is their "line" and sex drive. There is no compunction to tell the truth, to be faithful or sincere. Their "work" is to get the tourist into the sack, involved in the most intimate way that the Puritan-ethic societies of Europe and North America just do not fathom or contemplate.

Perhaps some of the gals or guys did not come here with more than an idea to get laid, but the intensity of the mating grew too much and now this is what becomes the "love of my life."

The HB Golden Rules were made for people that can read and understand the depth of the conniving in these predators. None of them are educated beyond a minimum, a very bare minimum...but many of the tourists are not either..so they pair off...

However, the biggest factor, if you are going to get involved is whether they have a visa and a bank account. Just knowing how to fill out a check (old hat as they may be) is a talent that most cannot perform. A visa says that they could travel on their dime, not on yours.

I no longer worry about all these posts that deal with time lines, forms, phone numbers, locations for embassies, or true loves...it is a waste of time, as evidenced by some of the more recent posts--such as the one about the "high season" above...

Enjoy folks, the tropics offer a great life, if you don't take things too seriously...

HB

Reactions: Berzin

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
SHALENA

I get what you're saying. But keep in mind that a lot of the aforementioned "Resort Workers", and/or Dominicans in general, are entering into the relationship with the ultimated goal of migrating to their new "love's" country.

So the main concern here would not only be communicating with you, but also speaking enough english to obtain and maintain a job once you marry and take them back to your country.

Very good guidelines to keep in mind. Thanks HB.

contasm

May 10, 2005
SHALENA

Yes, as corsair74 indicated,? Nueba Yol is the ultimate destination.
and English like ?mami llu al the lov of mai laif? will not suffice, either written or spoken. Many of these tigueres have enough broken English to gain employment at dozen of AIs in DR, but this is what I call ?Daktari? English, barely good enough to just trap a gullible tourist into providing monthly remittances to his local Western Union. ?Mami? sen mi tri jundred dolars? abuelita esta sick?

So, again, ladies and gents, make sure your new Dominican partner is at least capable of
carrying on a basic conversation and decent written English, to be able to secure a $ 7.00/hour job in USA.
See, by falling to bring your partner with these basic skills, you?ll be encouraging a life of sub-employment where you?ll be responsible for the majority of your household expenses, This by itself will be the source of countless arguments between you and your ?new love of your life?. Your Dominican male partner will feel inferior, as to be the one being supported ( well, I?m sure many don?t give a rat?s ass about it) and you will be altering the balance of how things are done in third world countries, where is the man who provides (most of the time) to the family budget?.

Saludos
Contasm

Sking; Why are you a prieta rabiosa ?, have you been taken by any of those AI tigueres ?

contasm

May 10, 2005
Hillbilly's Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

Very few cases meet Hillbilly's strict rules, and even if we "relax" Hillbilly's rules a bit, by "diluting" them, the rules might not get a tourist close to a happy ending.

I think HB rules could guarantee a somewhat successful, lasting relationship, but what about those ladies who want a bit more than "a roll in the hay" but expect less than marriage or a committed relationship. These are what I call "InBetweeners", they want something more that a "Holiday Affair" but don't want to take it too seriously nor being taken advantage of

Folks, remember, we are looking for rules that are not as strict as HBs but that will try to guarantee, @ least, a bit of security and piece of mind

HB Light or Diet HB

Examples : Downgrading educational level to : your education level minus one level (yEL - 1EL)

1 - Education :
If you have a bachelor's degree; he should have @ least a high school diploma.
If you hold a Masters or PhD; he should have some college education; note that I'm not suggesting for resort worker (RS) to have a bachelors, otherwise he wouldn't be working in a resort to start with.. (unless he's @ management level)

2 - English:
Should be good enough to hold an entry level job in retail/service industry in USA or Canada.

I think with these 2 points; your "new love of your life" and you are well equipped to have a chance to what could be a happy beginning (but, again, not predicting a happy ending).

Note to Hillbilly :
Hi Luis; by not means these are intended to replace Hillbilly's Golden Rules, they are the gold standard and corner stone to a serious relationship.
They are intended for the less discriminating tourist looking for a romantic adventure without the headaches of a broken heart.

Saludos
Contasm

8 years ago I proposed a lighter set of rules derived from the well known Hillbilly's' rules. Are the original rule sill applicable or are there any new rules that should also be included? Pls feel free to contribute...

Thanks!!

Contasm

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Look at the person instead of asking for diplomas or bankaccounts (rude and offensive!):
How does he/she treat other people.
Does she/he talk about money all the time or is he/she interested in you.
Does he/she starting to talk about VISA or moving to your country?

What should you do? Learn Spanish, well, then you have respect. Easy to ridiculise their english as in earlier posts, shall we  start about the American or english speakers accent in Spanish? No better not.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Add another rule/guideline. You can take the sanky out of the culture but you can't take the culture out of the sanky. Moving them to your country will not change their behaviour. I've heard numerous stories from Canadian women who experienced this. After they arrive in Canada, the seek out their own kind and end up disappearing into the landscape. In some cases they leave their Canadian sponsor with a child or two before disappearing.

Reminds me of the perils of having faith in your own judgement. Anyone remember the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where Arthur Carlson the station manager decided to give away turkeys on Thanksgiving by throwing them out of a helicopter over a mall parking lot? It caused a lot of damage to parked cars and danger to mall customers. All done in a humorous way and I still remember his response when asked why he did it. "As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly". The same applies to hoping sanky behaviour will change. Faith is not always well founded especially where the heart is concerned.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Add another rule/guideline. You can take the sanky out of the culture but you can't take the culture out of the sanky. Moving them to your country will not change their behaviour. I've heard numerous stories from Canadian women who experienced this. After they arrive in Canada, the seek out their own kind and end up disappearing into the landscape. In some cases they leave their Canadian sponsor with a child or two before disappearing.

Reminds me of the perils of having faith in your own judgement. Anyone remember the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where Arthur Carlson the station manager decided to give away turkeys on Thanksgiving by throwing them out of a helicopter over a mall parking lot? It caused a lot of damage to parked cars and danger to mall customers. All done in a humorous way and I still remember his response when asked why he did it. "As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly". The same applies to hoping sanky behaviour will change. Faith is not always well founded especially where the heart is concerned.

the women are to blame. they would not talk to the equivalent of these sankies back home in Bullmoose Balls, Alberta, but they fawn over them in the DR. you see these girls sponsoring these guys in restaurants and clubs, and the women think they landed Brad Pitt. they guys are not suited for anything more complex than being a motoconcho jockey, and have no vision beyond that. in the main, they are looking for meal tickets, and nothing more. when they get to the Great White North, their allergy to work will become even more pronounced when they have a really big screen tv and several more channels.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You can change habbits, you can not change people.
Might I add.... somethings just ain't meant to be.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hillbilly�s Rules Revised - HB Lite (The Diet Version)

Very few cases meet Hillbilly�s strict rules, and even if we �relax� Hillbilly�s rules a bit, by �diluting� them, the rules might not get a tourist close to a happy ending.

I think HB rules could guarantee a �somewhat successful, lasting relationship�, but what about those ladies who want a bit more than �a roll in the hay� but expect less than �marriage or a committed relationship�. These are what I call �InBetweeners�, they want something more that a �Holiday Affair� but don�t want to take it too seriously nor being taken advantage of

HB Light or Diet HB

Examples : Downgrading educational level to : �your education level minus one level� (yEL � 1EL)

1 - Education :
If you have a bachelor�s degree; he should have @ least a high school diploma.
If you hold a Masters or PhD; he should have some college education; note that I�m not suggesting for resort worker (RS) to have a bachelors, otherwise he wouldn�t be working in a resort to start with.. (unless he�s @ management level)

2 - English:

I think with these 2 points; your �new love of your life� and you are well equipped to have a chance to what could be a happy beginning (but, again, not predicting a happy ending).

Note to Hillbilly :
Hi Luis; by not means these are intended to replace �Hillbilly�s Golden Rules�, they are the gold standard and corner stone to a serious relationship.

Saludos
Contasm

Why do we assume that the Dominican should learn our language? We are in their country shouldn't it be on us to learn theirs?
Der Fish

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
SHALENA

Are you suggesting the "international language of love"? Yeah, baby!!!!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The only HB rule that Mr. C fails is the one about language. I'm almost fluent in Spanish so there hasn't been much need for him to learn English. If he didn't have hearing loss he might have picked up more English through exposure because my son and I speak to each other in English all the time.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
The only HB rule that Mr. C fails is the one about language. I'm almost fluent in Spanish so there hasn't been much need for him to learn English. If he didn't have hearing loss he might have picked up more English through exposure because my son and I speak to each other in English all the time.

I fail to see how is not speaking English a "fail" of any kind on this "list"...

9 years back, when we first met with my wife, she practically spoke nothing else than Spanish, yet her whole family including her sisters husband are successful entrepreneurs and apart from her sister, nobody speaks nothing than Spanish, nor do they really have interest learning either.

To me that's nothing negative, there are people who are interested in foreign languages (like me) and there are people (in my family as well, and plenty in my country in the EU) who have no interest towards foreign languages at all, but are rather interested in other things...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One of HB's rules is that the DDD should have a decent level of English, but in our case it doesn't apply. My whole family speaks Spanish and so do many of my friends, even some of my British friends in the UK.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

He should consider a stem cell (celulas madre) treatment, offered by a handful of doctors in the capital (there's a reknown doctor in La Vega that does this too.) It regenerates and repair all the cells in the body, including damaged hearing cells in the ear. Many people claim their hearing has gotten much better after taking the treatment.

Here is one of the doctors that deal with this:
[video=youtube;v_TGmWNVxTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_TGmWNVxTo[/video]

To keep this post on topic, it also rejuvenates everything that has to do with sex, just what some people need to keep up with their 20-something sanky. lol