Whats the best romantic restaurant in santo domingo?

richmex

Apr 9, 2008
I was wondering in S.D., what restaurant is romantic, nice atmosphere, price is not important. I am going to take my wife out for her birthday. Thanks for your reply.

WillSDQ

Nov 3, 2008
By complete accident, I found a very, very nice Italian restaurant on Winston Churchill a few weeks back. I am terrible with addresses! Once I know where a place is, I just know where it is. I don't worry about the address. This restaurant is located in the same small mall as Diva's women's clothing. The name of the mall is Las Americans. It is just north of the Acropolis Mall and on the same side of the street. What is worst is, I can't remember the name of the restaurant!!!!

I met the owner. He lived in New York for a long time. He set up his restaurant based on the Italian bistros located there. The food is excellent! It is more traditional Italian food as it is based on more seafood. The anti-pasta was to die for and the main courses were a treat. The atmosphere is very cozy and the decor very nice and modern. The service was the best I have ever experienced in the DR anywhere. Our two waiters could not do enough for us. They have wifi in the restaurant. As my wife had a new laptop with her, she and I played on the internet for one hour before ordering. No pressure from the staff what so ever. In fact, they rearranged a couple of tables to accommodate her battery charger. There were members of the Dominican congress eating there the night we were there.

But this place is not cheap, at least not by Dominican standards. For two of us, with no alcohol, it was a little over $100.00 USD. But the price to me was not really expensive either when you consider the service and the great food. It was a nice change and well worth the money.

Please! If anyone else knows the name of this restaurant, please post it.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Sounds just what i want to do with my wife. Sit somewhere and play Wifi. Divorce her. Romantic There are a few I like. Mason de Cava. El Train , If you want to empress her this is easy. I am a chef. This costs next to nothing. Pick a week night. Go to the Malecon de Ave. de Espana. and, just surprise her. A small plastic table ( of course ) with table cloth. And, china dishes But just buy her a nice fruit salad, bottle of wine, good bread, and cheese, some ham etc. Hold her hand, look into her eyes and, tell her you LOVE HER. That is all she wants is you. Not the fancy rest. Really she will fall in love with you all over again. Keep it simple stupid.

WillSDQ

Nov 3, 2008
Hey Garcia, I wasn't out in the streets looking to be romantic that night. We were shopping. I told that story to detail how accommodating this place is. I take great offense at your sarcasm on how I spend my time with my wife.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I was wondering in S.D., what restaurant is romantic, nice atmosphere, price is not important. I am going to take my wife out for her birthday. Thanks for your reply.

If it's a really sweet place you want, but nowhere near being inexpensive, it's "Angelo's" in the Atarazenas (Plaza de Espana) in the colonial zone (where the Brasilian place "Costelao" used to be. 3 levels including outdoor tables. Amazing decor, tableware and furnishings and a roof terrace where some nights (Tuesdays particularly) they have really nice live music. Great atmosphere as long as it's not raining.

Menu is mainly Italian food and comes highly recommended. Waiting staff are very well behaved,

But it's NOT cheap in any way. Most credit cards are accepted.

Bryan

mjcp12

Nov 23, 2009
La Briciola is definitely the most romantic restaurant in SD. In the colonial zone in a beautiful courtyard.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
La Briciola is beautiful....

I think the place WillSDQ is referring to is called Positano. Very good food if this is the place.

Michelangelo

Dec 2, 2009
The Best Romantic Restaurant in Santo Domingo is Michelangelo Restaurant Piantini

By complete accident, I found a very, very nice Italian restaurant on Winston Churchill a few weeks back. I am terrible with addresses! Once I know where a place is, I just know where it is. I don't worry about the address. This restaurant is located in the same small mall as Diva's women's clothing. The name of the mall is Las Americans. It is just north of the Acropolis Mall and on the same side of the street. What is worst is, I can't remember the name of the restaurant!!!!

I met the owner. He lived in New York for a long time. He set up his restaurant based on the Italian bistros located there. The food is excellent! It is more traditional Italian food as it is based on more seafood. The anti-pasta was to die for and the main courses were a treat. The atmosphere is very cozy and the decor very nice and modern. The service was the best I have ever experienced in the DR anywhere. Our two waiters could not do enough for us. They have wifi in the restaurant. As my wife had a new laptop with her, she and I played on the internet for one hour before ordering. No pressure from the staff what so ever. In fact, they rearranged a couple of tables to accommodate her battery charger. There were members of the Dominican congress eating there the night we were there.

But this place is not cheap, at least not by Dominican standards. For two of us, with no alcohol, it was a little over $100.00 USD. But the price to me was not really expensive either when you consider the service and the great food. It was a nice change and well worth the money.

Please! If anyone else knows the name of this restaurant, please post it.

While we appreciate your pride in your restaurant, self-promotion and SPAM are not permitted unless you are a paid advertiser.

For information please contact Robert@DR1.com

Hlywud
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelangelo

Dec 2, 2009
While we appreciate your pride in your restaurant, self-promotion and SPAM are not permitted unless you are a paid advertiser.

For information please contact Robert@DR1.com

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator: