Altos de Chavon directions from Higuey

Feb 7, 2007
This belongs to travel directions forum, but I need this info urgently so I place it in Living to get wider attention. I will ask the mod later on to move it to the proper forum.

I NEED THIS INFO URGENTLY

I am taking a friend of mine tomorrow morning from Bavaro to visit SD. He just phoned he wanted to stop by at Altos de Chavon.

I know it's around Casa de Campo, before entering La Romana, but I;ve never been there. I need exact directions where to make a (left) turn coming from Higuey ... let's take the starting point the dam ... after the dam, where do I go to get to Altos de Chavon?

Thank you all for prompt reply

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
OK, noted Rubio - and I'm also looking forward to finding out because the old entrance is definitely no longer in use.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
In February of 2008, I just left LRM and followed the signs to Casa de Campo (main entrance)... there are signs to Casa de Campo... and talked my way into it... all the way thru Casa de Campo up the hill to Altos del Chavon.
I would suspect that there will be a dedicated entrance thou.

... J-D.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
This belongs to travel directions forum, but I need this info urgently so I place it in Living to get wider attention. I will ask the mod later on to move it to the proper forum.

I NEED THIS INFO URGENTLY

I am taking a friend of mine tomorrow morning from Bavaro to visit SD. He just phoned he wanted to stop by at Altos de Chavon.

I know it's around Casa de Campo, before entering La Romana, but I;ve never been there. I need exact directions where to make a (left) turn coming from Higuey ... let's take the starting point the dam ... after the dam, where do I go to get to Altos de Chavon?

Thank you all for prompt reply

How about to call them?
And you gone here from the horses mouth:
Altos de Chavon main line 809.523.8011

Good luck
WebDev

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The former entrance to Altos de Chavon indeed had been closed and traffic has been directed to the service vehicle entrance. The entrance occurs on the left side of the road after the large left turning curve about a 2 miles or so after passing the La Romana airport entrance and is situated before the main entrance to Casa del Campo.

Regards,
PJT

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks for all the replies. rubio, can I move this to the Travel Directions forum now?

Feb 7, 2007
Yep you can move it... finally we did not go today, going on Friday.

As per my friend's (Benjamin the taxi driver) information, the entrance should be on the left side, about 1 minute after passing La Romana Airport. It's actually the first road that is to the left, after passing the airport. No sign though. This is as best as it gets.