Gua Gua from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

jlewfirtree

Dec 3, 2008
Hello!

Does anyone know if the Gua Guas take the new highway to Las Terrenas? I know that w the new highway it is possible to arrive there in 2 hours.

And also any of the following questions as well:

-How long is the journey?
-What time do they leave?
-What time do they return?
-How much do they cost?
-Where in Santo Domingo do you catch them?

I am NOT interested in Caribe tours as it takes too long. I am also not interested in taking the route through all of the towns, Sanchez, etc. I was going to maybe rent a car, but I don't speak any Spanish, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
there are several guaguas from SD to LT every day...leaves from bus station on corner of Barahona,next to Plaza Lama parking lot.First one is 8 or 830 am.one at 11am,one at 140pm and another at 3pm.takes 212 to 3 hours,and all use the new highway.They return from LT at 7am and 2pm
bob

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I traveled to LT from the capitol on the guagua on my last visit to the DR in June. Although I can't remember the fare, it was much less than the Caribe Tour, but definitely not as comfortable. The new highway is beautiful. The guagua makes several stops in small towns along the way, and the travel time is not the little less than 2 hours you would get if you were driving. One added benefit of the guagua over the Caribe Tours is that the guagua will take you all the way to LT, avoiding the $30 USD taxis charge for the trip from Sanchez. When you are in LT you can ask anyone around the shopping center at the bus ending point about the regular schedule of guaguas returning to Santo Domingo. Although not as comfortable as the Caribe Tours, the guagua is very convenient.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
if you tried today,they had ajuelga in samana and all LT to SD busses never ran...

my wife went to LT from el limon, then truck to sanchez,motoconcho to nagua and guagua to SD..she was on the road from 6am until 3pm
what a country...

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
price to LT from SD

I went last week from SD to Samana and Las Galeras; Gua-gua from SD til Samana using the new highway was 250 pesos, all the way to Las Galeras cost 300 pesos; I was quoted 250 pesos SD to LT.