SDQ Airport Long Term Parking

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Anyone know how much it costs per day/week to park at the Las Americas Airport??

Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They just raised the prices drastically at LAS. It is about 300rd per day long term now.

Reactions: rellosk

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
About the price.
I do not know, but this aiport is not safe.
I hope you find back your car later on.

Wrong, I have parked there and many others have parked there on regular basis. This is the only way many people fly out and leave their car at the parking lot. The first day is high cost, then the following days, the price goes down considerably. I think I paid like 175 pesos the first day then 75 pesos / day for the following days.
Its very safe to park your car there.
AZB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Wrong, I have parked there and many others have parked there on regular basis. This is the only way many people fly out and leave their car at the parking lot. The first day is high cost, then the following days, the price goes down considerably. I think I paid like 175 pesos the first day then 75 pesos / day for the following days.
Its very safe to park your car there.
AZB

I agree, it is safe to leave your car there.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
I have parked there a bunch of times at SDQ. It was fine. Pretty cheap in comparison to JFK, etc..

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Not Now

New rates went into effect Monday. Not so cheap anymore. the best option is to declare a lost ticket, which is about $RD420. Read local newspapers for the info.......

Feb 7, 2007
New prices

First 24 hours: 420 pesos
additional day: 300 pesos

Por las primeras 24 horas, los propietarios de veh?culos pagaban la cantidad de l90 pesos y setenta pesos adicionales por d?a, lo que fue aumentado a 420 pesos y 300 pesos adicionales diarios.

Nuevos arrendatarios suben pago parqueos aeropuertos - ElNacional.com.do

Are they so STUPID to think that with those prices anybody will park long term at the airport? BUT, MAYBE, that was the idea ... to charge long-term parking so expensively that nobody uses the service - to cancel LT parking in the future, and make other use of the space.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i agree with AZB as far as safety, we had our car parked there for 2 weeks in may, nothing happened. we paid 1500 pesos or so.

as far as the new prices are concerned i think there may be no other option for people like us, that is from the north coast. it will be cheaper to drive the car to SD and leave it on a parking lot than have someone drive you to SD and later pick you up. i am talking the price of petrol for POP-SD-POP trip plus parking versus petrol for POP-SD-POP times 2.
gee, in POP it's like 5 pesos to park you car....

Feb 7, 2007
DV, if you stay for 2 weeks with the new prices, you will pay:

RD$ 420 first day + RD$ 300 additional days x 13 = RD$ 4320

With this price you're better off leaving your car in paid and secure parking in SD downtown and taking a cab to and from the airport

Reactions: rellosk

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Over $40US a day for parking! Incredible!

Per DR1 Daily news:

Expensive parking at Las Americas​
The new owners of Las Americas International Airport have hiked the price of parking at Santo Domingo's main airport. While leaving the car at the airport for a week used to cost RD$610, the rate is now RD$10,080. The new rate is equivalent to RD$1 per minute. This means that leaving the car overnight will cost RD$1,440.
The previous rate was RD$20 per hour in the short-term parking area and RD$30 per hour in the normal parking area, RD$20 for the first hour and RD$10 for additional hours in the long-term parking area. Parking at the airport was so popular that it was difficult to find a spot.
The new management's decision comes as good news for the airport taxi drivers. With the former rates it was less expensive to leave one's car at the parking lot than to take taxis to and from the airport. Now the taxi option is cheap compared to the hiked rates. A taxi charges around US$30 to drive into Santo Domingo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Typical brain dead business mentality here.

When the prices go up like that, then they are planning to shut down or are going out of business. I have lost count the amount of times I have seen that happen here, especially with restaurants.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Ok which is it.

One poster said it was RD420 the first day and RD300 for days after that.

Another poster said it was over RD1100 a day.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Current prices

These prices are current and correct.

First 24 hours: 420 pesos
additional day: 300 pesos

I Parked there the end of Feb. 2009