ok got a ticket in santiago

Sep 19, 2005
for running a red light and the AMET lady was too cute to keep driving away on....so i pulled over.

she gave me ticket that needed to get paid at Ban Reserves...course I "forgot" to do that before i left...the car was a rental .

I am thinking that next trip there is no way they could know I didnt pay a ticket because they dont have computer access in the field to look up who has outstanding stuff on them...

what are the ramifications to me or the rental car company on this???

I am sure the ticket is cheap.....but I have it here in the US...so I cant even call the car rental company to go pay it...

then just reimburse them when i come back

very bad bob

Sep 19, 2005
she never smiled....I should have kept going..

and believe it or not i was with my ex gf.......I was trying to woo her back...

so flirting was out....not that I can do it so good in spanish ha ha ha

bad bob

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i got a parking ticket a few weeks ago in Santiago. i asked the AMET what happens if i don't pay and he said next time i swipe my passport at the airport it will show. i'm not sure whether he was BSing or not. i was gonna pay anyway, it was only 300 RD.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
she never smiled....I should have kept going..

and believe it or not i was with my ex gf.......I was trying to woo her back...

so flirting was out....not that I can do it so good in spanish ha ha ha

bad bob

Bob, you should of told the officer you were Superstar Billy Graham and were in town to sign autographs...probably would of let you off with a warning!!!

Yes, the resemblance is uncanny you must admit...:cheeky:
2rwpymu.jpg

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Unless they have changed the law again, mandatory traffic school is part of the fine now.

Don - SantiagoDR

May 12, 2005
Bob, let us know what happens if you "forgot" to pay when you are back in DR next time. I have yet to be stopped by AMET for any traffic infraction, but I am not to worried about getting written. After all, I am part of the "family".

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Bob, let us know what happens if you "forgot" to pay when you are back in DR next time. I have yet to be stopped by AMET for any traffic infraction, but I am not to worried about getting written. After all, I am part of the "family".

With AMET, they don't always see eye to eye with family members.
In particular, clan from another "Country".

Perhaps they are blinded by the reflection from the shield.

At least that was my experience with a male AMET officer.
I did manage to talk a female AMET officer out of a ticket.

(My ticket cost me 30 pesos (Tinted Glass))

Don - SantiagoDR

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if they didn't take away your license. Don't worry. Nothing will happen to you. I haven't gotten a ticket in ages by amet but when they do hand out a ticket, they take away your license, foreign or dominican. You pay the fine and get your license back.
AZB

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Hmmm...I drive with photocopys of all my documents.They can take them if they want them.I have never had a problem doing this.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i got another ticket in Bavaro for the seat belt but the AMET did not take my licence.

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
I got a $ 500 ticket back in April and I forgot to pay it. :cheeky:

I will be going back to DR in January and will probably pay and keep the receipt just in case it comes up when I try to leave the country.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Not written in stone

if they didn't take away your license. Don't worry. Nothing will happen to you. I haven't gotten a ticket in ages by amet but when they do hand out a ticket, they take away your license, foreign or dominican. You pay the fine and get your license back.
AZB

I got a ticket about a month ago in Santiago. I was driving down I believe it was Las Carreas. I did not noticed that you cannot make left on that street. After about maybe a half a minute, I realized that because of the driver behind me was screaming and gesticulating as if there was no tomorrow. I drove on then about 5 blocks down was stopped by an AMET cop. His partner had phoned him and told him to expect me. I explained to him that I was vacationing and was not familiar with the street regulation, but to no avail. Since I did not make the turn he instead gave me a ticket for obstructing traffic. I left without paying and when I go back will probably be thrown in jail for the next 10 years. Btw my license was given back.

Frank no courtesy by those female Amets, They wrote me a summons 2 years ago and took my drivers license from me,Told me I could get it back after I showed that I paid the Summons. Never paid the summons and got a new license online for 10 bucks,and have never had a problem coming back into the country.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was once in amet's main office helping a friend get back his car which was taken away from his driver. To my surprise there were like 2 closets full of unclaimed licenses and a whole bunch of foreign licenses. I guess they had stopped taking in licenses becasue they probably had no place to store them all.
I say nothing will happen to you when you come back.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
I also saw the 6 foot steel cabinet with 6 shelves full of licenses confiscated by AMET. When it came time to find mine it took 6 of us each going through seperate 3" square bundels of licenses rubber banded together to find mine!!! they literally had thousands of confiscated licenses in there!!! ha ha ha

but back then the fine was 50 pesos for no seat bealt

bad bob