Laws about Noise

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I live across the street from Restaurant Lupe on Gustavo Mejia Ricart in Piantini. I've been there for 5 years. The restaurant is fairly new.

Thursday night they (Lupe) blared Music till 1 a.m.

I talked to a manager at the restaurant Friday afternoon and she basically said ?Too bad? and that they would do whatever they wanted.

Friday they blared the music till after 3 a.m.

I work every day. The noise is a huge problem for me and my family. We need our sleep.

Are their noise laws? Are they ever enforced? Who do you contact? Are there ?opening hours? laws? What are they? Are they enforced? Who do you contact?

Who is the owner of Lupe? What is his contact information? Perhaps he will be more reasonable than his manager.

Any legal advice other than me moving out would be appreciated.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
I live by Ave. Espana. I know that La Base had many problems about the noise. The neighbors got together wrote a protest letter. I think they went to the Sindico. Not sure. Now it is not that bad. Except on Special nights but the music always stops around midnight. Gunfire a different story.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is a PN 'Unidad Contra el Ruido', but I doubt they are very effective. A friend in Gazcue has similar problems with a nearby establishment and at one stage was physically threatened by the owner after she complained to the police - which she and her neighbours did after repeated polite approaches to the owner were ignored.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I live across the street from Restaurant Lupe on Gustavo Mejia Ricart in Piantini. I've been there for 5 years. The restaurant is fairly new.

I talked to a manager at the restaurant Friday afternoon and she basically said ?Too bad? and that they would do whatever they wanted.

I work every day. The noise is a huge problem for me and my family. We need our sleep.

Are their noise laws? Are they ever enforced? Who do you contact? Are there ?opening hours? laws? What are they? Are they enforced? Who do you contact?

Who is the owner of Lupe? What is his contact information? Perhaps he will be more reasonable than his manager.

The only way you could something about this is if you have some better contacts with the police than the proprietor if not buy earplugs or move, sorry!!

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I have a very loud colmado and a K9 dog training school right next door, not to mention I have a new born less than 2 months that thankfully dont wake to noise easily. I know the feeling however there is pretty much nothing you can do. This country and the people by nature are quite loud...the above approach is probably the best..buy earplugs or move..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry, you have no option but to move. unless you have friends in high places or enough money to bribe the police so that they come and bother the owner.
alternatively rent some thugs and burn the place to the ground, may prove to be satisfactory ;)

i don't have any noisy establishments around but every weekend those f***ing chopo a**hols park their cars right in front our house (strategic place on a main street) and blast the music so loud that in our kitchen glasses move on worktops - much like in jurrassic park. kinda reminds me how primitive those neanderthals are...
i am considering a purchase of bazooka or flame thrower so if you know of such opportunity - let me know.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Don't move to The DR is you want peace and quiet...That's what boring US, Canada and Europe are for...or maybe one of the really expensive neighborhoods in Santo Domingo or almost every other city.

If you decide to live where the "real" Dominicans live you better get used to noise and lots of it. We enjoy our music loud, our motorcycles loud, our women loud...

The real beauty of all this is that the day you decide to throw a very loud party until 5:00 AM your neighbor can't say shyte to you if they've been doing it themselves...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If I had to describe the DR in one single word, it would be 'loud".

Dorota, get miesposa to buy one of these for your driveway...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Nug5FZgxuk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Nug5FZgxuk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perfect SUV for the DR...;)

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

You have to do what Dominicans do when they are tired of noise (loud music), collect some rocks/stones, at night from your patio whoever have loud music throw them some rocks, make sure nobody see you, when i was a teenage i was caught throwing stones at night to a house that had loud music, and my mother ulmost had to fight the man of the house, because he wanted to be beat me up, i was tired of the music, almost everybody do that when they are tired of the music, it works almost all the time, people turn the radio off.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cobraboy,
miesposo keeps saying we cant keep a shotgun at home...
what about a yard? yeah, ? knew there was a loophole ;)

Sep 19, 2005
If I had to describe the DR in one single word, it would be 'loud".

Dorota, get miesposa to buy one of these for your driveway...

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/7Nug5FZgxuk&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Perfect SUV for the DR...;)

Dillon loves his toys

he went wild in the desert with his jet......had to get military clearance!!!!

Dv8....dont know why he cant get a shotgun for the house...unless neither of you are citizens

bad bad bob

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
jewish lightning........

amazing stuff

bad bad bob
"Blame it on lightning!" My grandfather taught me that when I was 6. ha ha ha I know a colmado I'd like to see struck by it...

For some reason LOUDNESS in the DR is a way of life with the horns, car alarms, nightclubs, colmados and in Jumbos....I don't get it, but it was enough to move me to looking in Jarabacoa instead of living "in the city".....

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
No doubt the owner of the establishment believes the loud music is essential to his business and he is not about to lose money so you can sleep.

I recommend moving. Let your landlord and neighbors know why first, they may have some sway. I doubt it, but they might be able to do something. If your landlord feels he will not be able to get any money for his rental property because of the loud restaurant then he may be able to face off with the owner, it just depends who has better connections and who is better at defending their interests.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Like I posted before get a petiton signed by all of your neighors. Talk with the sidico. It worked on La Base and, it is a big sports bar. Plus I thought they had to close by midnight ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Dv8....dont know why he cant get a shotgun for the house...unless neither of you are citizens

we can - miesposo is a dominican citizen and i believe most men (and women) in his family have gun permits and guns. i am also here legally.
at some point we'll get a gun too but right now it's not a top priority. save for 5.30 am sunday morning when we are woken by loud music. yes, on those days gun purchase moves right to the top of my shopping list ;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DV8,
i have Bazookas, the lil handy ones, step by and try one.
saves the money to pay some thugs to burn the place down, ha ha ha
hey Cobra,
is that little baby for sale???

seriously,
if they play music after midnight (fri and sat after 2AM) you should not have any prob to get that place closed, even without big connections.

quiet before midnight:
noap, better move to a quieter neighbourhood.
Mike

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Don't move to The DR is you want peace and quiet...That's what boring US, Canada and Europe are for...or maybe one of the really expensive neighborhoods in Santo Domingo or almost every other city.

If you decide to live where the "real" Dominicans live you better get used to noise and lots of it. We enjoy our music loud, our motorcycles loud, our women loud...

The real beauty of all this is that the day you decide to throw a very loud party until 5:00 AM your neighbor can't say shyte to you if they've been doing it themselves...

Amen to that. the only noise I can't take is the guy with the megaphone who buys old stuff.. he is over the top but..whatever