Directions to Grand Oasis Punta Cana

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I am travelling from Santo Domingo to the Grand Oasis PC/Bavaro, can anyone give me directions from Veron? What other hotels are close by?

Thank you

canajungirl

May 18, 2004
Catalonia Resort is nearby, you pass it first, also Dreams Palm Beach (the old Allegro,is right next to the Grand) and the last one on that stretch is Natura Park hotel.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Catalonia Resort is nearby, you pass it first, also Dreams Palm Beach (the old Allegro,is right next to the Grand) and the last one on that stretch is Natura Park hotel.

Thank you!!!

Is Grand Oasis the same as Punta Cana Grand? I found a map on the web but I don't find the Grand Oasis and someone said to me that it used to be the Punta Cana Grand.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes Marilyn,
it formerly has been named the Punta Cana Grand.
maps are sorrily not that updated, lol.
are you driving on your own or do you travel by public transportation?
if you travel by public bus from Veron(the same from the bus station in higuey) there will pass/start 3 different routes.
* one named Bavaro
* one named Punta Cana(that's towards the airport)
* one named Cabeza de Toro, that's the one for you, the Oasis is located in Cabeza de Toro and the public bus would drop you off right at the main gate of the resort, 30 meters walk to the lobby.
if you drive on our own/rental car aso from Veron just turn left at the main crossing in Veron(Shell Gas station on your right) and on this road drive straight on for around 5 kilometers and at the first possibility turn right, from here you go straight on, crossing the new boulevard/highway for around 7-8 kilometers following the only road, here you hit the little pueblo named Cabeza de toro(500 meters after you passed the above mentioned hotelentrance of the Catalonia), at the entrance of this pueblo the street is dividing like a "Y", so you stay on the street to the half left(not the half right into town) and a 300 meters later to your right you will see the entrance to the grand oasis(big signs on, you can't miss them).
welcome to paradise
Mike

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
yes Marilyn,
it formerly has been named the Punta Cana Grand.
maps are sorrily not that updated, lol.
are you driving on your own or do you travel by public transportation?
if you travel by public bus from Veron(the same from the bus station in higuey) there will pass/start 3 different routes.
* one named Bavaro
* one named Punta Cana(that's towards the airport)
* one named Cabeza de Toro, that's the one for you, the Oasis is located in Cabeza de Toro and the public bus would drop you off right at the main gate of the resort, 30 meters walk to the lobby.
if you drive on our own/rental car aso from Veron just turn left at the main crossing in Veron(Shell Gas station on your right) and on this road drive straight on for around 5 kilometers and at the first possibility turn right, from here you go straight on, crossing the new boulevard/highway for around 7-8 kilometers following the only road, here you hit the little pueblo named Cabeza de toro(500 meters after you passed the above mentioned hotelentrance of the Catalonia), at the entrance of this pueblo the street is dividing like a "Y", so you stay on the street to the half left(not the half right into town) and a 300 meters later to your right you will see the entrance to the grand oasis(big signs on, you can't miss them).
welcome to paradise
Mike

Thanks Mike, I will be driving and your directions help me a lot since I have already been to Catalonia. Keep the weather sunny for me!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
when you passed the catalonia it is easy,
where the street devides in half left and half right you stay on the left and 15 seconds later you see the entrance to the oasis on your right side.
Barahona is a beautiful area, yes.
Mike

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
when you passed the catalonia it is easy,
where the street devides in half left and half right you stay on the left and 15 seconds later you see the entrance to the oasis on your right side.
Barahona is a beautiful area, yes.
Mike

Thanks again Mike, you have been a great help!!! I hate getting to PC and start asking for directions, which is what happened when I went to Catalonia, luckily I found a nice cab driver who told me he was on his way there and took me straight there