My santiago pictures

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Well, it's cold, raining, and generally nasty here in D.C. So I am doing what I normally do in these situations, reminisce about my summer learning Spanish in Santiago. I have a lot of pics, but these are the ones I could find right away and are stored in my photobucket account. I'll try to find more and post them later.

Couldn't figure out how to resize these suckers.

101_0191.jpg

This is the language school where I took classes.

101_0195.jpg

Calle San Luis during lunch time.

101_0196.jpg

Another pic of the street outside the school.

101_0198.jpg

View from the rooftop of the apartment building I stayed in. Our apartment was small and didn't have AC or hot water. But had A very nice view of the city from the roof. And yes Misterchicago40, it cost us more than $100 a month. Took quite a few dates up there.

101_0201.jpg

Another view from the rooftop. It was better at night.

101_0204.jpg

The small cigar factory next to the Leon Center Museum. It was the only place I was able to find in Santiago that sold decent cigars. Ironic since most of the world's best cigars are produced in that area.

101_0188.jpg

Typical home-cooked Dominican meal. I met a nice young lady while I was there. She took pity upon my buddy and I and cooked for us on occassion.

I actually have a lot more pictures. But I gotta spend some time searching for them. It was a great summer. I learned a lot of spanish and met quite a few friends. In addition, I also got an idea of how average dominicans actually live. A great experience.

I just hate that since I've started my own practice here in the states, I'll probably never again have an entire month free to do it again. Ah well. Life catches up to you eventually.

Nos vemos despues.

Vince.

M

Markf128

Hey, is there anyway that you can post more picks? By the way, thanks for the ones already posted.

Sep 19, 2005
they can get so much for the cigars for export, they would be foolish to sell many locally.

I was told that one big name cigar is exported and then actually imported back and sold locally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad bob

M

Markf128

How is the traffic and parking situation in central Santiago?

parking02.jpg

2006_08_TRAFFIC-thumb.jpg

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Those pictures were taken in Santo Domingo, Calle Duarte or maybe Calle Mella. We don’t have so many buses in Santiago.
I bet anybody that is no Santiago.

JJ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Those pictures were taken in Santo Domingo, Calle Duarte or maybe Calle Mella. We don?t have so many buses in Santiago.
I bet anybody that is no Santiago.

JJ
It doesn't look like Santiago and definitely not like Av. Duarte o Mella in Santo Domingo. In fact, judging by the architecture of the buildings I'll say the second photo may not even be in the DR and the first photo has European license plates.

-NALs

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Not Santiago.

How is the traffic and parking situation in central Santiago?

parking02.jpg

2006_08_TRAFFIC-thumb.jpg

Not sure why you posted these pics in this thread, as they obviously weren't taken in Santiago.

The only buses I can remember seeing there were Caribe Bus Tours and the like. And never that many of them in one place. Plenty of GuaGuas and Publicos though.

And I don't see one pasola in either of those pics. A dead giveaway that they weren't taken in the DR. LOL!!!

Vince.