Bob Sinclar @ Webster Hall Punta Cana - January 1, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Hey Everyone,

I just thought I'd pass on a bit of info I came across. I was aware of the Bob Sinclar event taking place in Santo Domingo on the 31st as it's in the DR1 Calendar but I have since found out that he will also be performing at Webster Hall Punta Cana on the 1st.

I've emailed Webster Hall PC but I'm dreading that they might take a long time to reply. Any chance anyone on the east coast has heard about this event and has any details on how to get tickets?

Dawn

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I just thought I'd pass on a bit of info I came across. I was aware of the Bob Sinclar event taking place in Santo Domingo on the 31st as it's in the DR1 Calendar but I have since found out that he will also be performing at Webster Hall Punta Cana on the 1st.

I've emailed Webster Hall PC but I'm dreading that they might take a long time to reply. Any chance anyone on the east coast has heard about this event and has any details on how to get tickets?

Dawn

If you could tell us why we should be excited?

Can't imagine this is worth the response!
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-284560---Bob-Sinclar

Ooopa I thought you said Sinclair.........enjoy your stud muffin!

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Hey Mike,

Yes, I know he's not for everyone but I am extremely ecstatic! I LOVE his music and was bummed when I missed his event here in Toronto last winter. I was even contemplating a trip into SD to go to his show there! lol

I've just emailed the GM at WH-PC so far. Any chance that you might have another contact on how to get me some tickets?? ;)

If you could tell us why we should be excited?

Can't imagine this is worth the response!
Bob Sinclar on Yahoo! Music

Ooopa I thought you said Sinclair.........enjoy your stud muffin!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
WH in PC is located at the Palma Real Shopping Center, a lil space right aside the Cinema there.
they promoted for a long while their granjd opening on december 5th,
as far as i know it is still not open for what ever reason.
Dawn,
check with your guest services at the Riu Taino,
they should have a contact number to call, IF it's open when you arrive end of the month.
i don't think it will be hard to get a ticket.
s'y' on the 29th
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You'd be surprised at the huge number of residential developments and high-end permanent and semi-permanent population (Dominicans as well as foreigners) living in this area. I thought it was all AIs before I moved here too, but this has changed dramatically.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Besides Ilumel, have they begun building any major retail along the new highway? The last time I was on it I had a vision (not a hope!) of US 1 (Federal Highway) in South Florida...dotted with fast food, big box retailers, banks, car dealers, strip malls, etc.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's a large branch of Cerarte (nice kitchen and bathroom tiles and fittings) next to Ilumel which is completed but not stocked or open, two other structures going up, one of which is supposedly a gym. Two other fenced plots, one of which is for the Jumbo supermarket but no construction has started there as yet.

There's a rumour going round about a new gasoline station but its supposed location varies. Also lots of progress at the new mall on Cruce de Ver?n but none of the units were open yet last time I looked. The new phase of Galer?as Punta Cana should have opened earlier this month and they are working day and night to complete it as I speak.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thanks for the update/info Chirimoya. Sounds like they are really progressing making PC/Bavaro more "liveable".

Bavaro been liveable 13 years ago
when we had the america latina as the omly beach bar/restaurant around where everybody been meeting.
$75.- entrance fee???
ha ha, so it really is a joke, for most people in bavaro including most residents uninteresting, would guess a half cold beer will be sold for $20.- or such.
Dawn,
there will be def a bunch of tickets available even without prereservation, right at the entrance 1 minute before the show may begin.
Mike

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Bavaro been liveable 13 years ago
when we had the america latina as the omly beach bar/restaurant around where everybody been meeting.

I was referring to the move away from all-inclusive resorts to a lifestyle that encourages people to go out and explore..."live a little". The vast majority of people would prefer more than one beach bar and a few small colmados to provide their entertainment and sustenance...

As for the Webster Hall $75-and-up cover charges...that's just ridiculous for a "DJ" performing in the DR...ANYWHERE in the DR. And you're right Mike, if they're charging that much to get in, it's probably safe to assume they will be charging NYC (or higher) prices for drinks...

I don't see anything wrong with bringing high-end entertainment options to the DR, but c'mon...Punta Cana is not now, nor will ever be NYC...or as they say on the WH PC website (something like) "the party capital of the caribbean"...

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha
completely agree David.
PC will hopefully never become a party capital of the caribbean, not even the party capital of the island, it would again not be PC anymore. for the party crowds the island has other areas much more suitable for such.
Mike

debinatore

Apr 6, 2006
Just my thoughts....... I hope that Webster Hall's "goal" of making Punta Cana "the party capital of the caribbean" doesn't hold true. Punta Cana would loose its unspoiled unamericanized atmosphere that people go there for. I vote nay.

Dawn, be sure to take pics for the rest of us so we can see what the turn out is.

Cheers,
Debbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.