furniture

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
What would be the best furniture (high quality) store to check out furnishings for condo - either in Punta Cana or Santo Domingo. Also where would we find best choices for mattress?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Punta Cana has some excellent options, including Ilumel near the airport, Unicane (large store past Friusa) and Casa Cana (near Pueblo B?varo). Lots of smaller shops in malls all over the area.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Until the opening of IKEA I would recommend the CAREFORMA. 27 de febrero in SD.
You get all. Less quality for cheap. Better quality also. Imported.
If you search for "Dominican Style" furniture, just check the area around. There is plenty people who do RATAN y MIMBRE. ANd they do it the dominican style. High priced, low quality. I have tried to find a good one here - no way. Imported furniture from Bali/Indonesia/India is far better. And cheaper. Expalin it to me. But it is like that.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
The Sealy Mattress Centers are at:
Plaza Las Americas Winston Churchill esquina Roberto Pastoriza
Bella Vista Mall Av Sarasota

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
AY No!

Until the opening of IKEA I would recommend the CAREFORMA. 27 de febrero in SD.
You get all. Less quality for cheap. Better quality also. Imported.
If you search for "Dominican Style" furniture, just check the area around. There is plenty people who do RATAN y MIMBRE. ANd they do it the dominican style. High priced, low quality. I have tried to find a good one here - no way. Imported furniture from Bali/Indonesia/India is far better. And cheaper. Expalin it to me. But it is like that.

Ay-- I have my beautiful bamboo and woven rocking chair that I bought on the side of the highway from Jimini directly from the craftsman and it is FABULOUS.. I LOVE IT.. OK - so it is perhaps a bit too "country" for the living room.. and you need a cushion to avoid getting rope burns-- BUT it is perfectly balanced and full of loving great energy. I think if you travel the back roads a bit, you can find the artisans who make the stuff themselves, rather than perhaps the factories....