Punta Cana for single guys??

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanjones

Dec 16, 2008
Im going to punta cana with my friend and stayin at the Moon Palace AI. I have reservations there for a 1 weeks stay from Jan 12-18. I was doing some reading and found that the place if for the newly weds and newly deads...ack! Im a little worried and am debating on canceling the plans and shacking up in some cheaper hotel in Cabarete or Sosua where the apparently is a great night life, and plenty of girls. Should I keep my arrangements in Punta Cana or should I try to explore cabarete. I heard Caberete>Sosua

On a side note, I plan on spending a weekend in Santo Domingo before heading to Punta Cana, so ill at least have that experience.

Let me know your thoughts!

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
BRING YOUR TENT if you dont want to share your room with haitians workers.
rooms are not ready in moon palace. and wont be by jan2009.
change your reservation for Majestic Elegance. I was there last weekend. and by far is the best hotel for the money in punta cana. will be better in january.
night life in punta cana is much better than cabarete-sosua
with the opening of Webster Hall, plus Imagine Club, Mangu, Areito, huracan Cafe, among other clubs. punta cana has the best night life in the caribbean.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
night life in punta cana is much better than cabarete-sosua
with the opening of Webster Hall, plus Imagine Club, Mangu, Areito, huracan Cafe, among other clubs. punta cana has the best night life in the caribbean.

...just bring an extra $300 or so for the cabfare between these clubs! ...and expect to pay higher than US prices for drinks and food outside of the resort...

...I'm definitetly biased, and do like Punta Cana, but it is *not* the place most people would choose first for single guys looking to "party". SD or Cabarete/Sosua are a more logical choice.

Last edited:

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Ive been to both. The difference is 98% of the girls you meet in Sosua will ask you for money no matter how much you think they "like" you. If thats your thing and you dont mind paying than Sosua is the place to go.

Dont be turned off by the all inclusives in Punta Cana. You would be surprised how many single women are in the resorts looking to have fun. The girls who work in the resort will also let you know where they hang out at after work too if you talk to them. The clubs are good too although there have alot of working girls in them.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
here's a thought. resort workers live somewhere nearby and there should be some non-AI hotels also pretty cheap. get a room for the weekend then you can enjoy your AI and the locals.

you'd be surprised what goes on at AI's between workers and tourists. bring pesos and see what happens.

dondada

Aug 20, 2008
New Orleans - Louisiana
I went to Punta Cana in June traveling from the US. The AI was a great place but I would not look forward to meeting single women.
I took a cab to Mangu. Great club, safe and women.
Try Higuey.
Agree, ask the females at the resort where they go out at.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
...just bring an extra $300 or so for the cabfare between these clubs! ...and expect to pay higher than US prices for drinks and food outside of the resort...

...I'm definitetly biased, and do like Punta Cana, but it is *not* the place most people would choose first for single guys looking to "party". SD or Cabarete/Sosua are a more logical choice.

totally agree David.
even that PC has it's hang out spots(i am not referring to Mangu, Webster Hall, Imagine or such BS, don't like that overprized 'not reasonable' stuff) the better party hangouts are on the northshore.
if you come to visit PC for partytime at the above mentioned clubs bring a luggage with $$ with ya, it is more expensive than you would await anything at home.
so for the cheap spot PC would be the wrong place.
Moon Palace?
i don't think they will open in january, at least not in Jan 2009.
will be at a good hangout spot in PC in around 1 hr,
a 100+lbs pork over charboil and unlimited drinks,
betya there will be girls around, lol.
happy holidays
Mike

titanjones

Dec 16, 2008
Mangu sucks....full of working girls, and TONS of hatiaian guys running around. Guy to girl ratio sucked. for every girl (pro and non pro) there were like 3-4 hatiain guys pouncing on them. It was terrible

bendundat

Sep 16, 2008
For anybody looking to have a good time in PC I think a trip to Higuey would definetly be in order. THe first time I went to PC i stayed on the resort and besides the hotel workers all I saw were goofy tourists. Areito was cool but duirng the week it was dead The second time I stayed in Higuey with a chica I had met previously. Check out a club called the Bajaita in Higuey. It has plenty of local girls(non working)as well as chicas that know how to have a good time. Just keep an eye on your wallet. Some of the chicks are excellent pickpockets. I was paying 100 peseos for a 22oz presidente.(Not too bad considering the environment). But what I really want to impress on you is to spend some time away from the resorts. You will have a more authentic experience!:squareeye

dommike67

Jul 20, 2006
www.809guia.com
I went to Imagine Club in Abril, it was fun. USD 10 cover and drinks are USD 6. It is inside a cave. Very huge. Little "working girls". Diffrent types of music in rooms (caves). It's recomendable. The shuttle bus takes you from the hotel there. Check front desk for schedules.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
in Bavaro, there are a lot of chicas, not hunted down by the politur like in Sosua, party time there, even in the ressorts... But you have to make a little effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.