Import Brokers

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I have a friend who is moving to the Dominican Republic from the U.S. He has asked for suggestions / recommendations of shippers who can import his household goods. His initial containers will be sent under his new residency status (if this matters).

He is hoping to locate a 'door to door' service. From Miami, FL to his new home in the Dominican Republic.

Does anyone have specific knowledge of good import/export brokers who can provide this service? Please PM me with contact information if you do.

Thanks!

rickboz

Feb 5, 2006
We could use that information as well...I have found a few on the net but experience with one or more is always helpful.

Thanks much !

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
I could use this information also. I will be moving the end of January from Miami (Florida Keys) to Cabrera with a 40 foot container. I would like a company with door to door services that has a customs broker in the DR. I understand that I need a certain paper from the consulate to be eligible for duty free used household goods. I would appreciate any information on that subject also.

Thank yoy

Bigfish

tainojr

Jan 14, 2009
Can anyone send me some information about a Broker/Importer that could give me an (albeit) estimate of how much the import duties would be to bring a given vehicle to the Dominican Republic?
Thanks

james

Jan 14, 2002
Can somebody just not post the info right here on the forum so everyone can make use of the info or is it a big secret so we have to do PMs.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try Hispaniola Freight in Sto Domingo. There is also an advert here on the DR1 site for a mover/customs company - English speaking.