how can a american man settle down with one girl in the DR?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I know this sounds like a crazy topic, but i dont understand how a average looking guy like me could ever settle down with one girl in the DR.It;s just way to easy to find way to many beautiful girls in this country.

When i first became a part time resident of the DR. after a 18 year marriage and divorce, I thought i would have no problem finding a great beautiful girl in the DR. The problem that i have is that i'm passing on girls that i never thought i could have had a chance with at 40 years of age.I'm not talking about hookers or cueros,but hi quality girls that even AZB would like.

I think i understand why the dominican guys have a wife and three girlfriends each.How do you possibly setle on one girl. After being a faithful one women man for 18 years , i feel like i died and went to chica heaven.Yea i made dumb mistakes at first, but as soon as you learn the game in a place like santiago i'ts an endless pit.

Back in the states you breakup with your girl and stay home depressed eating pizza and listening to love songs for 6 months.but in the DR. you just call another and your good to go.This place is like a assembly line for hot chicas.I'M not complaining but i really want to settle down one day...I think..How and why could i settle down.When do some of you long time expats get sick of the chica merry go round and decide to settle down with one? Or is it my destiny to be a chica chaser for the rest of my life...

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
I have seen some 70+ yr old men with a 20-some year old wife or live-in girlfriend over the past 5 years, but that was in Sosua ......., saying it might be even harder, some place else, like Santa Domingo or Santiago ..............Joking, but not joking.........

Yachtguy1

Sep 30, 2008
Wow!

I have seen some 70+ yr old men with a 20-some year old wife or live-in girlfriend over the past 5 years, but that was in Sosua ......., saying it might be even harder, some place else, like Santa Domingo or Santiago ..............Joking, but not joking.........

Wow, Augustus! I am not trying to be judgmental, but I am speaking from experience. I was dating two women of completely different backgrounds, thinking "OK, they know what's up." But you know what? It is an A-hole thing to do! Just because one of the "assembly line" hotties you are banging blows you off does not mean that you should just move to the next piece of ass and break another heart... If you want to settle down (which I doubt), go your way one at a time...Jesus.

These women HAVE FEELINGS, even if you don't.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Yachtguy1, I don't accept your appology, and no offense, because I like making friends, not enemys, but if someone is being truthful, I don't have to agree with them, but I do have respect for the truth................

I do think, RSG is telling the truth and most people know that men in general are dogs............even though I hate to be jealous or insecure, my hair goes up when I'm in love with my baby.....and, she starts talking about a male friend, because don't let me come home and see the preacher sitting at my table eating chicken, cause he's got to go, because men will be men............friends, friendly, yeah, sure............

And when I first read your previous post I was thinking, damn, what did I do now...........because, simuliar to RSG ..............and a whole lot of other men, whether they would admit it or not, men ,love beautiful young women, yeah, we like, I mean love older women, also................But the only ones ( men ) I see scratching their heads, are the ones with daughters, and I don't know why, because I don't have any..........

So, RSG was not saying why, is he cheating on his wife ,he's single,............HE WAS STATING HE WAS IN A DELIMA .......................Just like George Clinton, when in his song, he said, why must I be like that, why must I chase the CAT, NOTHIN BUT THE DOG IN ME .......RUF............RUF................

How many men find true love or their soulmate and can hold onto her for life ?

So, after 18 years of bliss and lost love, he finds himself in DR...........And when he gets knocked off his feet nowadays, rather than puttin his head low and thinking he is a failure, he see's some pretty lady that is more than willing to help him back onto his feet and running and it is non-stop and for us older American men, UNBELIEVABLE True love ??????????? WHAT'S THAT ?

The hurt and the time it takes to get over that broken heart can be months or years, the hidden tears, but in DR, I'm visualizing the crying of a baby, when someone takes the candy out of its' mouth and the immediate smile and satisfaction, once it's replaced, even if it's a different piece of candy........................

The man is begging for help, a cry out to his fellow brothers and in a way I tried to answer with my post, but I find myself asking the same question.......WHY ? WHY ?? WHY ??? PORQUE ? PORQUE ?? PORQUE ??? DIME PORQUE ?

So, I say Yachguy1, Don't hate the player, hate the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
How long have you been here RSG?
It wears off a bit after a while - you will eventually find your own rhythm.

And now you that can have your cake and eat it - you should concentrate on finding tastier cake.

A word of caution though - do not let happiness cheat you out of seeking contentment.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
RSG-I'm not an expat, and many men living in the DR feel that having many lovers of all varieties, or a never-ending parade of chicas in and out of their lives is a lifestyle they enjoy and would recommend to others.

But if you feel differently, only YOU know what would circumstances would be ideal for you to settle down.

My personal experience is, one good woman trumps a bunch of lovely young ladies who come and go as if they meant nothing.

But I say that living in NYC, where the dating scene is quite a bit different. If I lived in the DR I think I'd change my tune.

I'd probably try to have my cake and eat it too.:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Brother, only YOU know the answer to the question you posted.

Reactions: wishingiwasthere

Yachtguy1

Sep 30, 2008
Judgment

Both of you are right, RSG and Augustus. I have no right to judge your actions or your morality. I am not perfect by any stretch, but I do believe in love... When the lady I am with now breaks my heart, I'll probably turn into the biggest hypocrite on the forum...

This country is truly full of amazingly beautiful women...for sure.

And I love them all, too!! Or at least looking at them. You go, RSG!

I know this sounds like a crazy topic, but i dont understand how a average looking guy like me could ever settle down with one girl in the DR.It;s just way to easy to find way to many beautiful girls in this country.

When i first became a part time resident of the DR. after a 18 year marriage and divorce, I thought i would have no problem finding a great beautiful girl in the DR. The problem that i have is that i'm passing on girls that i never thought i could have had a chance with at 40 years of age.I'm not talking about hookers or cueros,but hi quality girls that even AZB would like.

I think i understand why the dominican guys have a wife and three girlfriends each.How do you possibly setle on one girl. After being a faithful one women man for 18 years , i feel like i died and went to chica heaven.Yea i made dumb mistakes at first, but as soon as you learn the game in a place like santiago i'ts an endless pit.

Back in the states you breakup with your girl and stay home depressed eating pizza and listening to love songs for 6 months.but in the DR. you just call another and your good to go.This place is like a assembly line for hot chicas.I'M not complaining but i really want to settle down one day...I think..How and why could i settle down.When do some of you long time expats get sick of the chica merry go round and decide to settle down with one? Or is it my destiny to be a chica chaser for the rest of my life...

Dont worry my friend you are not in this alone,I have thought about settling down many times but just can't stay faithful. Accept your fate and join myself and AZB for a drink in Santiago sometime and we can cry on each others shoulders along with one of our current wives. :) :)

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
I LOVE IT.... All you guys love to talk about how you pass from one chica to the next and have this CRAZY variety of women, hot young girls willing to do anything and your the mack daddy....

yet your the FIRST ones to fall hard face first for the one chica that is most likely playing you (like you think your playing the rest) and then she dumps you for the next daddy with cash. Than YOU continue to say "see thats why I date around cos its not worth it" when in reality your jaded because that one girl you did fall for , HARD, dumped you.

Why can't men admit that the reason the become this way IN THE FIRST PLACE is because someone hurt them???? Men are NOT predestined to be dogs, or cheats or mujeriegos, its of course NATURAL to look and think others besides your partner are attractive, but not everyone wants to cheat or not settle down. ALL the men I know that are this way, BECAME this way becuase they were hurt!

SOOOO, if you want to date around, fine, your choice, and the women you are dating's choice, But dont make all men sound like DOGS

Reactions: AlaninDR
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I LOVE IT.... All you guys love to talk about how you pass from one chica to the next and have this CRAZY variety of women, hot young girls willing to do anything and your the mack daddy....

yet your the FIRST ones to fall hard face first for the one chica that is most likely playing you (like you think your playing the rest) and then she dumps you for the next daddy with cash. Than YOU continue to say "see thats why I date around cos its not worth it" when in reality your jaded because that one girl you did fall for , HARD, dumped you.

Why can't men admit that the reason the become this way IN THE FIRST PLACE is because someone hurt them???? Men are NOT predestined to be dogs, or cheats or mujeriegos, its of course NATURAL to look and think others besides your partner are attractive, but not everyone wants to cheat or not settle down. ALL the men I know that are this way, BECAME this way becuase they were hurt!

SOOOO, if you want to date around, fine, your choice, and the women you are dating's choice, But dont make all men sound like DOGS

I don't mind being called a dog, I'm one and loving it;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

LOL, you are so far off sister. I guess you have to be a man to know what we all are about. Many men are faithful because they are afraid to lose what they have, no courage or simply too pendejo to take a risk. If he can get away with it clean and if the girl is worth the risk, he will go for it. Case closed.
AZB

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
LOL, you are so far off sister. I guess you have to be a man to know what we all are about. Many men are faithful because they are afraid to lose what they have, no courage or simply too pendejo to take a risk. If he can get away with it clean and if the girl is worth the risk, he will go for it. Case closed.
AZB

I been around enough men in my lifetime! I HONESTLY believe that there ARE men out there that ARE FAITHFUL and have no desire to CHEAT becuase they are happy with what they have, EVEN if the opportunity lands on their lap to cheat!
doesnt mean they are PENDEJOS or PAJAROS or afraid to get caught, some men actually THINK with their heads, not their NUTS and take into account that they wouldnt want something like that done to them so they dont do it. THERE ARE PEOPLE PERIOD THAT BELEIVE IN "TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED."

and how is cheating courages??? i think its COWARDLY, because YOU DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO TELL YOU PARTNER YOU WANT TO BE WITH OTHER PEOPLE, THATS COURAGE, NOT CHEATING!!!! ANYONE CAN CHEAT REALLY IF THEY WANTED TOO, ITS HAVING THE COJONES TO SAY "LOOK, I WANNA TRY SOME OF THAT OTHER PIE".

I'm not naive and dont ever say that this person or that person would never cheat, BUT i do know that there are people that know right from wrong, and deceiving is wrong and some care and some dont... THATS the difference, having a concious.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
you two lalla and AZB should definately get together at the gathering and argue this whole thing out! LOL

Lo ahorco!!!

LOL

I am a passionate person, what can I say. lol
I will argue to the BONE when i beleive in something.