Finding a House/Apartment to Rent in the Dominican Republic

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Hola,

I not exactly sure how this process works, But I'll give it a try anyway.

I will be relocating to the Domincan Republic September 2009 if not sooner. I would like to know if anyone can assist or guide me in the right direction, On how I can find a House/Apartment to rent with the following ameneties listed below.

1- Washer/Dryer Hookup
2- Central Airconditioning
3- Pool ( Optional)
4- Fully equipped Kitchen
5- Furnished (Optional)
6- 1 1/2 Bathrooms
7- 2 Bedroom
8- Accessible to Major Shopping areas.
9- Location ( any city, which is commutable to all resorts in Punta Cana)
10- Cable/Direct TV
11- Residential

I'm not for certian what the price range would be for an apartment/House, with the ameneties I have listed in the DR. However in USA the price range starts at $350.00USD a Month.

Your assistance will be greatly Appreciated in this matter.

Mucho Gracia:cheeky:

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Price range will depend on where you are moving to. Just like in the USA where apartment prices in New York greatly differ from apartment prices in North Carolina.........
SHALENA

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
That's just thinking.......i'm not exactly sure where in the Domincan Republic to live. However I would like to live in a clean quite community, which is accessible to all the resorts in Punta Cana since i'll be working thier. And I am also willing to commute if need be. I'm on a budget........The Maximun I can afford to pay for rent is $500.00

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Based on your budget my notes are below in CAPS....

Hola,

I will be relocating to the Domincan Republic September 2009 if not sooner. I would like to know if anyone can assist or guide me in the right direction, On how I can find a House/Apartment to rent with the following ameneties listed below.

1- Washer/Dryer Hookup NOT LIKELY
2- Central Airconditioning NOT LIKELY
3- Pool ( Optional) NOT LIKELY
4- Fully equipped Kitchen MEANING WHAT????
5- Furnished (Optional) LIKELY
6- 1 1/2 Bathrooms LIKELY
7- 2 Bedroom LIKELY
8- Accessible to Major Shopping areas.DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFINITION OF SHOPPING....
9- Location ( any city, which is commutable to all resorts in Punta Cana) NOT LIKELY - PUNTA CANA IS EXPENSIVE
10- Cable/Direct TV CABLE - UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU KNOW.
11- Residential DEFINE THIS TOO.

I'm not for certian what the price range would be for an apartment/House, with the ameneties I have listed in the DR. However in USA the price range starts at $350.00USD a Month.

You don't have a job yet so you might want to figure that part out first!!! You also don't know how much you will be making so you might want to hold off on your budget thoughts.....

YOu are asking for things you likely cannot afford.

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
I have enough in my savings to pay rent for 3 years and still have something leftover............My Question to you guys was, where in the Domincan Republic can I find a House/Apartment with the amenties I listed above. In a Nice area with a Max of Rent $500.00 USD

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
That's going to be tough because the prices of apts/rental houses here in Santiago are skyrocketing. You could find one definitely under what you want to pay but it definitely will not have any of those extra amenities...most don't even provide the refrigerator and stove, let alon washer and dryer!
SHALENA

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Apartments/Houses to rent in Dominican Republic

Do you know What's the starting rental rating for an apartment/House, with all the Ameneties I am looking for?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Probably not in the B?varo Punta Cana area itself on that budget, although there might be something tucked away somewhere. In general, rents there start at about US$600 per month for a small apartment, but there is no harm in looking. Some recent threads on the subject have yielded some specific information/contacts so you should do a search.

You are more likely to end up in Higuey or Ver?n on that budget: the best advice I can give you is to PM Higuey-based posters like rubio_higuey and laurajane for specific contacts, and to come and have a look for yourself.

Reactions: Rocky

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Gersen40, thank you for PMing me a copy of your post on this thread but............I'm in Puerto Plata, so I'm not the person you need. Take Chirimoya's advice. Best of luck to you.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hola,

1- Washer/Dryer Hookup

Yes...

2- Central Airconditioning

No...

3- Pool ( Optional)

No..

4- Fully equipped Kitchen

Yes...

5- Furnished (Optional)

Yes...

6- 1 1/2 Bathrooms

Yes...

7- 2 Bedroom

Yes...

8- Accessible to Major Shopping areas.

Yes and no...

9- Location ( any city, which is commutable to all resorts in Punta Cana)

Yes...

10- Cable/Direct TV

Yes...

11- Residential

You can find a place like the one you request above, yet don?t expect to be living in the newest developments within Punta Cana, but the surrounding areas to it.

Think more of it like the traditional DR's style of living.

Once you move there, it will be a lot easier to find an upgrade to your place after you become familiarized with the areas around your workplace and within the same workforce, may find a load of opportunities that are not advertised elsewhere but word of mouth and recommendations by friends and family.

When I speak of traditional DR living I mean the way people live in the DR's towns and small municipalities...

The rule is to find a very cheap, clean and safe place and later upgrade to something you can afford that affords you a good level within the ideal place you want and can have...

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Apartment/House to rent

You can find a place like the one you request above, yet don?t expect to be living in the newest developments within Punta Cana, but the surrounding areas to it.

Once you move there, it will be a lot easier to find an upgrade to your place after you become familiarized with the areas around your workplace and within the same workforce, may find a load of opportunities that are not advertised elsewhere but word of mouth and recommendations by friends and family.

When I speak of traditional DR living I mean the way people live in the DR's towns and small municipalities...

The rule is to find a very cheap, clean and safe place and later upgrade to something you can afford that affords you a good level within the ideal place you want and can have...

Thank you so much for responding to my Thread. I absolutely have no problem living among the Dominincan is Small Municipalities, As long as it's clean , safe , 24 hours electrictity......As I mentioned in my thread I am even willing to commute with a Maxium Travel time of 2 Hours if need be.
Can you give me a listing of all the surround Municipalites,which area close to Punta Cana?

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Finding a House/ Apartment to Rent in the Dominican Republic

Mucho Gracias Senor Pichardo

Your Assistance has been greatly Appreciated in the Matter.