New Year's Eve

Michael0721

Feb 8, 2008
Arriving in Santo Domingo 12/27 for 8 nights. Are there any major event listings for New Year's Eve - like an event calendar with times, places, locations, party themes, etc...I know about the big festival on the Malecon but what about the entertainment venues, pricings, etc...? Is there a preferred website to obtain this information?

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I was there last year....had a quiet dinner at Museo de Jamon in la Plaza de Hispana..

At midnight the bells rang, no fireworks, streets were dead, many places were CLOSED....walked into the Hard Rock to a "fiesta" of maybe 30 people...the band was great, Dominican LOUD....the crowd was boring...the club on Hostos, north of Conde that advertised a big New Year's fiesta....was empty!

Quite the opposite of what I expected....

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
809K.com is one of the few sites that lists events for the D.R... not sure of the others so i'll let someone else put them up.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Last year i was at the Hotel Jaragua party, Frank Reyes, El Torito, Tono Rosario and a few others were playing. I heard this year Antony Santos will be headlining, if that is thru i'll be there again.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
ditto the Jaragua! the ONLY place to be on any new year's eve........bring your dancin shoes..........