rain for christmass

briellen

Dec 9, 2008
How is it is the bad weather socked in? I am due their on dec 30th for two weeks and am wondering if I should bring my rain gear.
Thanks
Has their been sunny breaks?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Traditionally, the December-January months have been rainy months. NOt real downpours, but more like drizzles or really heavy fogs. called " Nortes"...not too many in recent years due to climate changes but every now and then we get a string of rainy days...makes it seem more like Christmas...Ho Ho Ho!!!

Only time of the year i can wear long-sleeved shirts...

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Any way you look at it, its better than the foot plus of snow already on the ground and more piling up, -11 C or 12 F ....ETC. Wish I was there, rain or not.

Mar 2, 2008
"Any way you look at it, its better than the foot plus of snow already on the ground and more piling up, -11 C or 12 F ....ETC. Wish I was there, rain or not."

Amen to that! On top of a day-earlier 6-8 inches, and a week-earlier ice storm, there are those of us who have already had more than our fill of this winter, which isn't even a day old yet.

If the good god is willing, and the creeks don't rise, and the airports remain open, I'll be there in three days. Knock on wood.

Alaskan

Dec 22, 2008
I arrive in Puerto Plata Christmas day. I checked the weather and saw 30% chance of rain for at least the first week I'm there. Should I expect rain for a few hours a day followed by sun or all day rain? I have not had a day off since June, here in Alaska, that it wasn't raining, and was really looking forward to building up some vitamin D while I was there.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
You will have no problem building up your vitamin D. Yesterday was beautiful with no rain and today looks the same.

Alaskan

Dec 22, 2008
Perrrrfect! The sun has actually been out here the last few days, which means we are about -20 F with the wind chill, so I'm looking forward to 80 even if its raining.