Way airport Punta Cana - Bavaro

Naastja

Dec 21, 2008
Hello,

i tried to read all threads at forum and to find the way to go from airport to Bavaro after 8 pm.

as I understood, at such LATE time the only way is expensive taxi and no local buses. Am I right, or any cheap way still exist?

Thanks in advance =)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There are local buses. However, they are the micro bus type. You have to manage to get yourself to the airport road entrance to acquire one as they are not allow to enter (sindicate rules) the airport grounds. If you are traveling with the usual airline carry-on and checked baggage, the micro bus is not appropriate as it does not enough have storage capacity, unless you want to pay for a seat position to store your luggage. Plus, if you are unfamiliar with logistics of the bus routes you may have to transfer from one route to another, meaning you have to wait in the open in the dark with luggage between connections.

My honest recommendation is take a taxi from the airport. It is a less of a hassle and the cost is about US$ 28-35 depending on your drop location. It is about a 15-20 minute ride to Bavaro.

Regards,
PJT

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
from the airport to the bavaro area you would need to change routes, for somebody not familiar with the area and it's behaviors i would not recommend such on nighttime.
grab a cabby at the airport and within 20-30 minutes you arrive at your destin save and hassle free.
or prearrange that like Wud recommended above.
happy holidays
Mike

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Agreed....taxi....you will have a few tochoose from upon arrival...they will be holding up a taxi sign and hailing...." Taxi....taxi". the price is set for different resorts, so forget about haggling. If you know what resort or part of bavaro you are going...post it here and i can give you an exact amount you should pay.

Cheers

PCMike

Naastja

Dec 21, 2008
thank to all of you for detailed answer.
you know, it feels usually quite nervous, when arrive first time to unknown location.

our hotel is Liriocala ApartaHotel, Avenida Guayacanes, , Bavaro

it would be very nice, if you could help us with it ;)

Feb 7, 2007
To the OP: I think MikeFisher also has a transportation service (if I am not mistaken) so use his service he is well known here on DR1 or use one Hywud suggested

NOECON

Dec 29, 2008
Dreams resort

going to need a cab to dreams resort Jan. 11th.Morning arrival. what should we expect to pay Mike?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we have 2 dreams resorts in the punta cana area.
one is named Dreams Palm Beach andf located in Cabeza de Toro, just 20 minutes from the airport, rates should be around $30-35.- per ride.
the 2nd one is named Dreams Punta Cana and located in an area named Uvero Alto, 1 hr driving north of Punta Cana/Bavaro, here the rates are $70.- per ride. usually cabby rates are per vehicle for up to 5 passengers of course including all luggage aso.
have fun
Mike

NOECON

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks Mike

Thanks for that info Mike.We are going to the Bavaro Dreams.For 4 people that isn't bad i guess.Is that road still in as bad a shape as last year? The potholes were brutal.
Pete

rocket69

Dec 7, 2008
hi, will be arriving at punta cana airport also late. by the time i clear customs, etc.. it will be @ 9 pm. question; i want to travel to Higuey first, possibly just for the night, then on to Bayhahibe to hopefully stay at hotel playa iguana. is the best bet to use bronly as posted here and what do you think the taxi cost will be to higuey? also need to find a decent/safe hotel in higuey too? thanx, rocket

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Pete,
are ya sure you are talking about the "Nearer" dreams which is named Dreams Palm Beach??
because first of all, it opened just 1 week ago and 2nd the potholes you describe sound perfectly like the way up to Uvero Alto to the Dreams Punta Cana.
the road from the airport to the dreams palm beach (last year been named Allegro Resort) is in top condition, nothing to complain about, i drive the same road several times every day on my way from my home in Cabeza de Toro(right aside dreams palm beach) to the Marina(right aside the airport), so that piece of road is by very far the very best you can find in the so named Punta Cana/Bavaro area.
Rocket,
Bronly is always a reliable/confiable connection, you can contact him about any transfer on the island without a doubt, even for a one in the middle of the night to knowwhere.
i don't know his nighttime rates from the puj airport to Higuey, but i would recommend to prearrange a hotel there, arriving at the airport 9PM may mean to reach higuey in the middle of the night.
happy new year
Mike

NOECON

Dec 29, 2008
Dreams resort

Mike
The dreams we went to ,took an hour to get to from the airport.I think it was called "sunscape at the beaches" or something similar,before being named Dreams.
Anyway it was a long bumpy road ful of potholes,and i was just wondering if it had been improved at all since last Janury.
Don't get me wrong though the bumpy ride is well worth it once you get to the resort!
PETE

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha
Pete, i hate the ride up there,
it costs on the vehicle much more for later needed maintenance than the gas to go there, lol.
yeap, it was former named Sunscape the Beach and is since then named the Dreams Punta Cana, around 50-60 minutes from the airport.
the newer one is the freshly opened Dreams Palm Beach here in Cabeza de Toro, not even 20 minutes from the airport.
for the Dreams Punta Cana, sorrily the streets did not improve very significantly since your last visit, you will get the similar adventure ride included upon arrival.
have a blast
Mike