Visitors Visa For Dominicans visiting Canada

thebatch

Sep 1, 2008
I sent my Girlfriend an invitation letter for her to visit in Canada.

I had the letter notarized and she was denied entry. The officer told a number of them no they were not allowed and given no reason, nor was anything put in writing.

I am in the process of writing the minister and anyone who will listen. I am also
going to see my girlfriend in January. Does anyone have any information on when we can reapply etc. By the way for i have signed with Bell Canada and it's 5 cents a minute to call DR.

Regards

Glenn Batchelor

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
I honestly would not bother re-applying Glen, nobody cares in the Canadian government. BTW send her a vonage phone with a Canadian number and talk as long as you want anytime for free....

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I honestly would not bother re-applying Glen, nobody cares in the Canadian government. BTW send her a vonage phone with a Canadian number and talk as long as you want anytime for free....

Nobody cares in the Canadian government ??? I think they care a lot about the canadian citizens

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Don't bother to reapply!

It's not that they do not care it's that they do not want any more landed immigrants on the welfare programs.

I married a Dominican woman and brought her back to Canada but she was only 12 years my junior and not the age of my granddaughter as some of you guys like to establish relationships with.

An applicant needs 1) A letter of invitation to visit Canada. 2) A valid Dominican passport. 3) A letter from an employer saying she has a job to come back to after her vacation. 4) A deed to property here in the Dominican Republic. 5) An active back account with about $5,000.00 Canadian dollars on deposit in the Dominican Republic. The key word here is active, not a 1 time deposit of $5,000.00 dollars.

Plus if you get as far as an interview with the Canadian immigration representative in Santo Domingo she will have to show letters, phone records and know your birthday and other personal facts of your life to prove you have a real relationship with this chica.

The Canadian government cares about adding to our welfare programs and you can thank them for protecting us from our selves.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife and I are attempting to bring one of her teachers here to take an English course rn Kingston, Ontario this summer. She is divorced, 32 years old, owns her house, has some money in the bank, a child, and has been employed as a teacher for 13 years. I'll let the board know if she is successful.

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
DominicanBilly; The Canadian government cares about adding to our welfare programs and you can thank them for protecting us from our selves.[/QUOTE said:
Care to explain the refugee program then if that's the case ?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

This thread is about visitors visa to Canada.

We have to trust that Immigration Canada has it's reasons based on experience why they refuse almost 99% of visitor visa applications.( I made up that figure based on what we see posted here.)

The general reason they give is that they are not convinced the applicant will return to his/her own country after the visa expires.
And even though it would seem that one could apply for a visitor visa while in the PR process, they too are not handed out easily.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com

The "refugee program" is sponsored by "our" government not by a private citizen. And we know how smart "our" government is don't we?

After one failed attempt to get a visitor visa for a contractor friend and his wife to visit me and an other friend he had built a home for here in Puerto Plata I called the minister of immigration to make a suggestion. Of course I only got to talk to an minor official.

I suggested that I would put up a bond to insure their return to the Dominican Republic. I was told the the government was not in the business of hold performance bonds on people. I countered by asking what do they do to insure a person shows up in court. They make a bail bond to insure they appear.

I was then told my idea was too simplistic and follow the rules set down for a visitor visa. Needless to say they didn't qualify and will never visit Canada.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
my girlfriend has been to canada twice, she was not required to have a deed to property, or a letter from her employer. A valid passport, open bank account (does not require 5000 cdn) active for 1yr, and a letter of invitation. her first visa was for 3 months, and the second was for 6 months.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
my girlfriend has been to canada twice, she was not required to have a deed to property, or a letter from her employer. A valid passport, open bank account (does not require 5000 cdn) active for 1yr, and a letter of invitation. her first visa was for 3 months, and the second was for 6 months.

Out of curiosity what kind of job/position does she hold in the DR and did she have an interview for the visa?

Thanks

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
the first time she was in university, and the second time working in hospital in bani....no interview....by the way she is a doctor

Last edited:

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Visa For Dominicans visiting Canada

the first time she was in university, and the second time working in hospital in bani....no interview....by the way she is a doctor

she must have connections.and no interview......my neighbor has her dad in Montreal and has been refused many times..and many interviews....over a 4 year period by the way.She works,has a bank act...etc...
bob

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
she must have connections.and no interview......my neighbor has her dad in Montreal and has been refused many times..and many interviews....over a 4 year period by the way.She works,has a bank act...etc...
bob

My husband and I invited a dominican friend (woman) a few years ago. It took 10 days to receive a yes answer, no interview. When she arrived in Canada, immigration gave her 6 months.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

I think the magic word is "doctor". A few years ago, a doctor friend of mine got his visa in a few days. No interview. At least a doctor would be an asset to Canada if he stayed. Not a potential drug pusher "well maybe" or a lap dancer.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
It's a "selective" system, much like the one in the U.S.

You have "refugees" they like and will let in and you have "personas non gratas".......Hatians & Dominicans are the latter because they are poor.

Cubans used to just have to "make it across" and they were allowed to stay, until Clinton changed the policy and what they were called....not they have to hit dry land...so....

Cubans & Mexicans flock across the U.S. southern border with impunity and recently, so do those from terrorist countries (Pakistan, Iran)...they cut their hair and beards, learn some Spanish and blend in.....

As of late, Key West has become a hot spot for ETs (Eastern Europeans) who are taking over the restaurant work, many of the girls work in the strip clubs....many come, overstay their visas and disappear (to NY)

It's those that most deserve to be here, that try to do it legally, that are refused....and that's why the system sucks.

thebatch

Sep 1, 2008
I am sure you all have been in relationships before. I was married for 28 yrs until our midlife crisis became a nightmare for me as she dumped me for some wealthy American. I sent her to the Turks and caicos by herself and sent her a container of all our stuff and never had the chance to relocate there to have our fun.

So i stayed single in the carribean for one year trying to figure myself out got a job etc.. Then wamo! I met this Dominican Girl 41 yrs old i'm 48 and fell in love I lived with her in the islands for 14 months. I have been back in Canada since July. We talk on the phone every day. I understand Dominican culture and the dangers of the almighty dollar. I know this woman truly loves me and i truly love her.
It is unjust for my government to not allow a visit given the circumstances. My girlfriend and i have history and the relationship while we lived together was so loving.
I will not stop trying even with the negative responses. I am going to go with her myself to the embassy in Santo Domingo and see from there i guess. I was just wondering if there has been anyone with a positive outcome that can shed some light?

Kelseytellier

Aug 5, 2016
Want to bring my boyfriend to Canada from Dominican

It's not that they do not care it's that they do not want any more landed immigrants on the welfare programs.

I married a Dominican woman and brought her back to Canada but she was only 12 years my junior and not the age of my granddaughter as some of you guys like to establish relationships with.

An applicant needs 1) A letter of invitation to visit Canada. 2) A valid Dominican passport. 3) A letter from an employer saying she has a job to come back to after her vacation. 4) A deed to property here in the Dominican Republic. 5) An active back account with about $5,000.00 Canadian dollars on deposit in the Dominican Republic. The key word here is active, not a 1 time deposit of $5,000.00 dollars.

-What if they do not have any property?
Will my boyfriend be denied automatically?