Las Terrenas to PP airport in one day?

Telecia

Dec 21, 2008
Hello,
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I cannot find the information. Is it possible to leave Las Terrenas in the morning and reach the PP airport by 3:45 pm same day (for an international flight at 5:45 pm)? What are our options (is there a morning bus from Sanchez?) and what are the approximate rates we can expect.

Is it advisable to leave Las Terrenas a day earlier and stay in Sosua?

Thank you for your advice.

theoldmillwright

the oldmillwright
Mar 6, 2004
canada
Taxi is the only way to do it on the same day. I don't think any of the little bus lines will get you there on time if there are still any. I always left the day or two before and stayed at the el colibri . Reason for this is you can have troubles of many kinds in the dr which could cause you to miss your flight and most important of all you can go to Rocky's for ribs in the evening and the Brittania for breakfast the next morning...

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Please do not accept at face value that this cannot be done! I have always driven when I have gone to Las Terrenas, but I knows there are buses and guaguas going West from Sanchez starting early in the morning. It might be necessary to take a cab from LT to Sanchez, but from there, I'm sure you can get to the airport well before 3:45 on public transport. Hopefully one of the many frequent bus riders here can give you the specifics.