Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nice cheap hotel in boca chica

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nice cheap hotel in boca chica

i'll be in boca chica this week and am looking for a nice but inexpensive chica friendly hotel in boca chica. i remember reading about some a while back but i can't find the thread. any suggestions would be helpful. rw

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with Hotel Garant. They have a web site if you google it. Last time I was there they still had not started accepting credit cards. That's common in B C.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Costalunga or El Candil are both fine.

There are a few more here:

Small Hotels

"boca chica hotel booking, dominican republic hotel reservations, all inclusive vacation packages, "

Book directly from the hotel's websites!
    tambo' rum pa pum pum

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

candil was always my favorite. costalunga is around the corner and garant is closer to the beach and calle duarte....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The suites at Garant are nice, the only bad thing is you don't have the hill to climb like at El Candil.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at Hotel Europa a few times. The rooms were okay. Not all have A/c so make sure you ask. If you want to bring "friends" to the room, it is no problem. It is also very close to the public beach. Parking is limited. When I was there 2 years ago, I paid 50 USD per night cash for the best room in the place; top floor, balcony with view of ocean, A/c, cable etc.). There is also a restaurant on ground level that makes a decent cup of coffey.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thank for the replies. i research more since i posted and found most of your suggestions were good. i think i'll try europa first since its on the beach. again thanks for the replies, this is what makes this site so valuable. t

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todobien View Post
    .................i think i'll try europa first since its on the beach................
    Whoooa,,,,,,,slow down. Europa is not ON the beach, but close to the beach. I honestly believe you will be making a very bad choice. I drove past there today and let's just say it does not look like a nice place to stay.

If you insist on being ON the beach try Hotel Zapata. As previously stated the best three choices would be Costa Lunga, Candill, or Garant.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Candil is always my fav...with costalunga a close second.

Two major differences. Candil has a nice public and pool area and it can be very social (which i like). If you prefer more privacy for whatever reasons...costalunga is better for that.

There is quite a hill to get to either hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry nice

nice to meet you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast