Miami to El Catey airport

Totoche

Dec 18, 2008
What's the best way to go from Miami to El Catey airport in the coming weeks?
Thanks

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
If El Catey is your final destination then your best bet would be fly Miami to either Dusseldorf or Toronto and and connect direct to El Catey, but might be quicker and cheaper to fly straight to SDQ and take a taxi to El Catey..

Kidding aside,,, At the moment I do not believe there are any direct flights from the USA to El Catey. Echos say that AA might be starting in Feb 09,

Happy Holidays and have a safe and pleasant flight !

lt

jimm1909

May 16, 2009
If El Catey is your final destination then your best bet would be fly Miami Limo to either Dusseldorf or Toronto and and connect direct to El Catey, but might be quicker and cheaper to fly straight to SDQ and take a taxi to El Catey..

Kidding aside,,, At the moment I do not believe there are any direct flights from the USA to El Catey. Echos say that AA might be starting in Feb 09, Miami Airport Hotels.

Happy Holidays and have a safe and pleasant flight !

lt

I know this is old but I had been wondering the same thing for my upcoming trip. Glad I stumbled upon this post.

thanks again!

-jim

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
Still not a flight from the USA into Samana El Catey airport. They do fly in from Montreal 3 times a week I believe with Air Canada. But Santo Domingo is the best bet now as a taxi runs my clients about $225 to Samana.

sstevens805

Nov 24, 2008
I have heard that there flights from Puerto Rico into El Catey. I'm trying to figure it out now. I should have stopped by when i was there this past week, but i didnt. Does anyone know if they have a website for the airport? I cant seem to find one.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Takeoff (SAP Air) is another option..they have 3 flights a day from Santo Domingo to the other airport in Samana, El Portillo, which is just outside of Las Terrenas. Cost is $100 USD

Home

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i was wondering about takeoff. they state on their regular flights a service from portillo to sdq(las americas) but the flight TO portillo they only have listed as from the other santo domingo airport (higuero??) this seems a bit odd so if anyone has info on it i would be interested. there is a big difference. thx, ben

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Not sure but...

Takeoff could be like Aerodomca's flights to Santo Domingo from El Portillo,

From El Portillo they fly to SDQ (Las Americas) then on to La Isabella/Higuero,
but if your flying to El Portillo you leave from La Isabella.
In saying that and seeing as there are no set rules in this country you could most likely board the plane at Las Americas Intl. and fly to El Portillo via La Isabella/Higuero

In any case the flights are great !!

lt

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
You arrive in SDQ first when flying from El Portillo. Then the plane goes to Isabella. It doesn't take on passengers at SDQ, only drops them there. You want to fly to Portillo from Santo Domingo you have to make your way over to Isabella or whatever it is called, the other airport in the Capital.