Disgusting.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Oh Dear,
and we were doing so well trying to be a real country that you could take seriously.

Two steps forward, 1 step back. (two to the right, spin her back around, and we do the corruption/Meringue shuffle) but we are getting there........:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Presidential pardons are disgusting in most any country.
I have never seen that a truly worthy person had been pardoned, anywhere, in my lifetime.

And then, for those not liking LF, do we really think, had the "others" been elected into power, would they not act the same?
It's not so much the person, but the mechanism.

... J-D.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Is Leonal purposely screwing up the PLD party? Because of all the stuffs that its going on now, I doubt the party will be viable the next time around.

My conspiracy theory is that he is trying to uplift the PRSC party, thus screw up the PLD.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Is Leonal purposely screwing up the PLD party? Because of all the stuffs that its going on now, I doubt the party will be viable the next time around.

My conspiracy theory is that he is trying to uplift the PRSC party, thus screw up the PLD.

Actually the plan is to get Hipollito elected next time for 4 years and Leonel will run again after that and win another 8 years. The deal has been made.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
those guys and the gal are for the people worse than any assassin could be.
i hope somebody awaits them just to use some shots on 'em.
how much did Leonel get on his american bank account for that x-mas present?
like the title says,
it is disgusting
Mike

Mar 2, 2008
Sounds like a proud graduate of the Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush1, Bush2, and almost every other US president for the last 50 years School of Government, which is exactly what he is.

Just to provide some accurate information.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Sounds like a proud graduate of the Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush1, Bush2, and almost every other US president for the last 50 years School of Government, which is exactly what he is.

Just to provide some accurate information.
You left out Jimmah Cahtah.

Besides, AFAIK, only Clinton sold pardons.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You left out Jimmah Cahtah.

Besides, AFAIK, only Clinton sold pardons.

Is it possible that money changed hands for Marc Rich's pardon and possibly some others of the 140 pardons issued on Billy Bubba's last day in office?

The Horror :tired:

Mar 2, 2008
"You left out Jimmah Cahtah."

No I didn't. "almost every other US president for the last 50 years"
While I'm unsure of the specifics of Carter's pardons, I'm sure he had some. And don't be so sure other pardons weren't sold and/or traded for.

Mar 2, 2008
Those President Bush granted pardons or a commuted sentence:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316509,00.html

PARDONED

— James Albert Bodendieck Sr., of New Athens, Ill., convicted in 1959 of interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle.

— Jeffrey James Bruce, of Chandler, Okla., convicted in 1994 of possession of stolen mail.

— Charles Wayne Bryant, of Sautee, Ga., convicted in 1962 of theft of United States mail matter by employee.

— Carleton Gregory Carpenter, of Wayland, Mass., convicted in 1981 of making a false representation with respect to information required to be kept in the records of a person holding a federal firearms license.

— John Edward Casto, of Ripley, W.Va., convicted in 1990 of distribution of cocaine.

— Jackie Ray Clayborn, of Deer, Ark., convicted in 1993 of manufacturing marijuana.

— Debbie Sue Conklin, formerly known as Debbie Sue McAlevy, of Douglas, Wyo., convicted in 1990 of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine.

— Charles Richard Fennell, of Valencia, Calif., convicted in 1995 of false statement to a federally insured financial institution.

— John Fornaby, of Boynton Beach, Fla., convicted in 1991 of conspiracy to distribute cocaine.

— Daniel Ray Freeman, of Douglas, Ga., convicted in 1963 of violation of Internal Revenue liquor laws.

— Thomas Dee Gandy, of Wichita, Kan., convicted in 1996 of mail fraud affecting a financial institution.

— Melton Harrell, of Cairo, Ga., convicted in 1976 of theft of government property and receiving stolen government property.

— Paul Dwight Hawkins, of Lafayette, La., convicted in 1990 of conspiracy to import marijuana.

— Roger Paul Ingram, of Round Rock, Texas, convicted in 1987 of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute an analogue of a Schedule I controlled substance, Ecstasy.

— William Lucius Jones Jr., of Birmingham, Ala., convicted in 1972 of illegal possession of an unregistered firearm.

— William Charles Jordan, Jr., of Dover, Pa., convicted in 2000 of managing and conducting an illegal gambling business.

— Saul Kaplan, of Scranton, Pa., convicted in 1992 of violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

— Billy Joe LaForce, of San Antonio, convicted in 1991 of conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute.

— Rudolph J. Macejak, of Morton Grove, Ill., convicted in 1986 of possession of an unregistered firearm.

— John F. McDermott, of Moretown, Vt., convicted in 1995 of receiving kickbacks in defense procurement contracts.

— William James Norman, of Tallahassee, Fla., convicted in 1970 of possession of an unregistered distillery, carrying on the business of a distiller without giving the required bond, possession and custody of a still without the required sign outside the premises, working at a distillery without the required sign outside the premises and unlawfully producing distilled spirits from mash and similar material.

— Glanus Terrell Osborne, of Dallas, Ga., convicted in 1990 of possession of a stolen motor vehicle.

— John Gordon Smith, of Littleton, Colo., convicted in 1988 of false statement to a federal agency.

— Walter J. Sweeney, III, of Cincinnati, Ohio, convicted in 1993 of attempting to evade income taxes.

— Nancy Lynn Thompson, of Bainbridge, Ga., convicted in 1997 of embezzlement by a bank employee.

— Daryl Toney, of Montgomery, Ala., convicted in 1993 of misdemeanor theft within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

— Charles Eddie Trobaugh, of Whitleyville, Tenn., convicted in 1965 of liquor law violations.

— Samuel Lewis Whisel, of Boiling Springs, Pa., convicted in 1989 of aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of stolen goods.

— Steven Wayne Whitlock, of Sarasota, Fla., convicted in 1990 of conspiracy to import marijuana.

COMMUTED SENTENCE

— Michael Dwayne Short, of Hyattsville, Md., convicted in 1992 of aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine base.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
"You left out Jimmah Cahtah."

No I didn't. "almost every other US president for the last 50 years"
While I'm unsure of the specifics of Carter's pardons, I'm sure he had some. And don't be so sure other pardons weren't sold and/or traded for.
You left him out specifically by name, but detailed the Republican Presidents. You're too smart a guy to have made that omission by mistake.

Besides, not DR related.

Mar 2, 2008
"You left him out specifically by name, but detailed the Republican Presidents. You're too smart a guy to have made that omission by mistake.

Besides, not DR related."

Yes, I left him out specifically, since I was responding to the post listing only one Democractic past president, but I understand all presidents offer pardons.

I didn't start this thread, nor did I start the deal about US presidents, I'm just reaponding to what been posted.

All this relates to the presidential pardons of LF. The point is that Leonel takes his cues from the US, and the two practices are virtually the same. Whether or not there has been any payment for those services is unclear and unproven, but assumed to be the case by many.