Long-term villa rent

Phanata

Dec 24, 2008
Hello,
going to move to Dominicana. Firstly for one year, to look around, settle down, to realize if this way and conditions of life ar suitable and comfortable for me and my husband. If everything will be ok, will think about purchasing an estate.

At the moment I'd like to rent a small villa (two-bedroom). Don't want the apartment, after whole life in megapolis want to have a bit more of privacy.

Could anybody advise if it's real to rent a villa in a normal place for a year up to 1500 USD a month? As normal place I consider sea\ocean availability, 24h security, homogeneous neighbors.

Thanks in advance.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
It is. I lived a year in Perla Marina, an ocean-front gated community, very safe and clean and was paying $680 a month for a condo, I'm sure houses in the area are not over $1500. I know huge ocean-front condos run $1000 if you are willing you sign a year lease. They are very private as most owners spend only a few months living there, most of the time you'd possibly be the only tenant in the building, which are 3 stories with 1 or 2 apts per floor.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Hello,
going to move to Dominicana. Firstly for one year, to look around, settle down, to realize if this way and conditions of life ar suitable and comfortable for me and my husband. If everything will be ok, will think about purchasing an estate.

At the moment I'd like to rent a small villa (two-bedroom). Don't want the apartment, after whole life in megapolis want to have a bit more of privacy.

Could anybody advise if it's real to rent a villa in a normal place for a year up to 1500 USD a month? As normal place I consider sea\ocean availability, 24h security, homogeneous neighbors.

Thanks in advance.

$1500 is a VERY GOOD price. For this money you will be able to rent a VERY GOOD villa in a VERY GOOD neighborhood. Dozens of empty villas are in Cabarete currently. And most owners will be happy to rent for $600-$800.

So, $1500 is a lot of money.

Welcome aboard!

Haitian101

Dec 25, 2008
What is "Island of Dominicana"? Where is it located? Never heard.

Sorry for being geographically challenged.

He meant the island of Dominica which is near the french islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.

People who speak spanish often get confused as the adjectives/nouns 'dominicano/os/a/as apply to people and things related to both Dominica and Dominican Republic. Confusing, isn't it?:glasses:

Phanata

Dec 24, 2008
thank you very much:)
cause when I see prices on real-estate agencies websites, they really scare me:)

We Have What You Want

Phanata,

We have exactly the type of apartment you asked about. It is in Perla Marina and it is in Las Olas, right on the beach. We stay there a month or so per year and rent it out the remainder of the year. It is a beautiful spot and we only ask US$800.00 per month plus electricity and maid. You can see it listed in the archives in DR1 rental section.

We plan to be there Jan 13 to Feb 17 this year. We'd be happy to have you come and stay with us for a short time to visit and check the place out.

We also are willing to allow rent paid to apply to purchase if you decide to buy the apartment from us.

You may reply directly to me at gregorywales@gmail.com or phone 320-219-2379 in US.

Greg Wales

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
thank you very much:)
cause when I see prices on real-estate agencies websites, they really scare me:)

They are supposed to scare a gringo. So that when after hard bargaining you get a 30% discount you feel like you won (without knowing that all asking/published/advertised prices in this country in reality are 3 times higher (inflated) than seller hopes and will accept to get). Especially now, when there is no buyers/renters at all. (Except Russians who are not trained and skilled enough in Gringo Game and overpay ridiculous prices for everything)

Tell him the price that YOU like, and he will accept. Regardless of anything. If he does not get YOUR money, he gets NO MONEY AT ALL. And your money will go to his competitor. It is called BUYER`s MARKET. Thanx to recession and crisis. Enjoy the opportunity and take advantage of it to the fullest!

Favourite national past time - Skrew a gringo. Especially between expats from the same country. Beware.

Merry Christmas!

Buena suerte!

Phanata

Dec 24, 2008
Greg,
didn;t find your variant,
could you send a link please?
as I understand you offer an apartement not a villa?

Phanata

Dec 24, 2008
Thank you very much for advices.
they are very helpful for me especially cause I"m Russian indeed:).
Now I know what to expect.
I asked the same question on our forum and everybody answered that I can rent a middle-class villa only three-times expensively:) Cheaper only a small apartment.
This website makes me optimist:)

PS. AK74 is better than M16 isn't it?

Reactions: AK74

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
thank you very much for advices.
They are very helpful for me especially cause i"m russian indeed:).
Now i know what to expect.
I asked the same question on our forum and everybody answered that i can rent a middle-class villa only three-times expensively:) cheaper only a small apartment.
This website makes me optimist:)

ps. Ak74 is better than m16 isn't it?

m6

jenniejayne

Dec 31, 2008
So are you saying that the real esate I see listed in various advertisments is appx 3 times more than they actually expect to get? So if I found a great villa for sale for 175k us, what do you think they could be bargained down to? Just curious...

Last edited:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Can you pm me with some apt or houses for 600-800 in Caberete?

I am not much familiar with Cabarete, but in Sosua domeafavor stop by Playero or Productos Sosua and check the bill board for rent/sell offers. You will be shocked how overpriced and inflated are all those "gringo-oriented" internet offers and listing

Or just talk to any cleanning women and you`ll get dozens of leads with honest realistic prices..
In Cabarete number of vacant money-losing properties is even higher than in Sosua. Much higher.

The blond woman who used to manage the Gym used to rent out her properties in Cabarete for $600 as well.

It is normal, serious, reasonable price, nomatewot RE agents or property managers try make you to believe.

Talk to the owner. Cut out useless and harmful in-betweenes.

Encuentrobeachvilla

Dec 13, 2005
Cabarete Villa Rentals

For those interested, Being a property owner, in Cabarete(2 villas) each with oceanview, private pool, gated privacy, and also having friends/neighbors who own comparable secure properties, I would say that the phrase "you get what you pay for" is very appropriate, for the Cabarete area. Most, if not all of the villas and properties owned here have been already paid for, ie, no mortgages, and the owners either use them for their own enjoyment, or when not using them for personal use, either have staff to maintain the property, or the owners may rent them out to tenants, either short term(mostly) or perhaps(not often) long term. The reason many come to Cabarete is for the beach, and lifestyle that it provides(as shown by the growth of the Cabarete area), those areas further away from the beach may rent for a longer term at such rates that those area calls for, however, if someone cares to enjoy a secure, memorable vacation at a property where they smile, while seeing the ocean waves breaking along the shore, when they wake up,... and then, they reserve once again, for the next year, I can only assume that the cost of their rental, is/was appropriate for their wants and wishes, and the enjoyment they had. Inasmuch as we are experiencing a global "cylical" downturn, it is reasonable to see appropriate actions, to get through the "cycle", however, as the phrase indicates, the "cycle" will experience it's natural or created course and turn up eventually, and when this occurs, you will see the then appropriate more increased demand(and RE market results) for this beautiful area, both by the young, and also, by the retired or soon to be retired "youthful" baby boomers(85 million strong) and their families, who have already enjoyed some time here, or would wish to do so(as example perhaps, the person starting this forum) Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!