Dominican Department of Migration increases fees

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Source: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2008/12/24/30532/Dominican-Department-of-Migration-increases-fees

Santo Domingo.? The Department of Migration announced visitors staying for up to 90 days will have to pay an extra RD$800 upon departure or at the office at Centro de los Heroes in Santo Domingo.

The US$10 tourist card covers no longer staying over 30 days. The fee scale increases with the duration of the overstay period, which means that anyone staying for up to a year will need to pay RD$2,500.

Also here Direccion General de Migracion

:: Tarifas

Reactions: MikeFisher

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Tourist Card

Source: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2008/12/24/30532/Dominican-Department-of-Migration-increases-fees

Santo Domingo.? The Department of Migration announced visitors staying for up to 90 days will have to pay an extra RD$800 upon departure or at the office at Centro de los Heroes in Santo Domingo.

The US$10 tourist card covers no longer staying over 30 days. The fee scale increases with the duration of the overstay period, which means that anyone staying for up to a year will need to pay RD$2,500.

Also here Direccion General de Migracion

:: Tarifas

How much is RD$2,500 equivalent to in US Currency?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Muchas Gracias:cheeky:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How much is RD$2,500 equivalent to in US Currency?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Muchas Gracias:cheeky:

$71, did you actually expect someone to give you a normal answer the first time without sarcasm or spellcheck?

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Currency Exchange Rate

With all your degrees and qualifications, I am shocked you need help with this.:surprised

What is the $#%$ does my degrees and qualification has to do with anything? I just asked simple question.

You either must be jealous or consider me as a threat. I just called a co-worker and asked her the same question I posted in this forum. Even in her worst state of mind, she did not responded to me the way you just did. And to be honest with you, I am not about to let you take me to that level of unintelligence in dealing with you.

You have that much time on your hands to question a question I asked?ROFL!

And again.

WOW!

I am very disappointed in the maturity level of some of the responses you receive in this forum, which is unbelievable.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
What is the $#%$ does my degrees and qualification has to do with anything? I just asked simple question.
............... unbelievable.

I take great pleasure in reading your posts. Please don't ever stop. :cheeky:

"Mucho" Gracias
TOOBER

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Currency Exchange

$71, did you actually expect someone to give you a normal answer the first time without sarcasm or spellcheck?

This is just a Forum " a market Place".....To ask question..........When I joined this website, their where no policy or procedure written that indicates in order to post a Thread in this forum your spelling must be 100% Accurate, which also explains why Microsoft Word Application's have a Spell Check Feature.

Last edited:

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
ha ha ha
yeap buddy,
so much to the spellcheck mentioning of that ...
don't waste your time to even think about it/him/her,
not worth to spend time to deal with.
happy holidays
Mike

Mike,

I was quoting Gersen40's previous posts, wherein he routinely wrote "Mucho" Gracias. This why I found it/his/her's correction to be "priceless".

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I figured it out......

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Muchas Gracias

Feliz Navidad

Simply splendid.

Your initiative has been greatly appreciated.
Even in her worst state of mind, she did not responded to me the way you just did. And to be honest with you, I am not about to let you take me to that level of unintelligence in dealing with you.
English is my 1st Language
De nada. :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is just a Forum " a market Place".....To ask question..........When I joined this website, their where no policy or procedure written that indicates in order to post a Thread in this forum your spelling must be 100% Accurate, which also explains why Microsoft Word Application's have a Spell Check Feature.

Your paragraph should say there was no policy not their where. If you expect people to take you seriously at least make an attempt at correct grammar. As you said English is your first language, if English is not your first language, my apologies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i find those overdoing rates cheap.
what would be the cost of overstaying a visitor visa for the US or the EU by one year or for 5+ years?
what they raised is barely what the exchange rate from the dollar to the peso raised in that time period since the old rates been out,
happy weekend
Mike

curiosita

Jun 4, 2007
The cost of overstaying a US visitor visa

As a rule, monetary fines are not imposed on people overstaying their US visas. These are the main consequences:
(1) Overstay your US visa by fewer than 6 months: Your current visa is immediately cancelled (even if you had a multiple entry visa for X years). There are no bars to admission, BUT, it is ALMOST a lifetime bar to admission (i.e. it'll be hard to get another visa).

(2) Overstay your US visa by 6 to 12 months: You can't even try to come back for THREE years. If you apply for a visa during the "3-year bar, you are subject to further penalties. Note: The 3-year bar to admission to the US is, however, effectively a lifetime bar to admission.

(2) Overstay your US visa by 12 months or more: You can't even try to come back for TEN years. If you apply for a visa during the "10-year bar, you are subject to further penalties. Note: The 10-year bar to admission to the US is, however, effectively a lifetime bar to admission.

PLUS, if you have overstayed your visa for any amount of time, you are subject to arrest and deportation from the U.S. If you are detained, you don?t have the same rights as a person detained for a crime (like phone calls and visitation), BUT you will likely be housed in a prison facility. AND, if you are deported rather than leaving voluntarily? all the penalties increase.

THESE ?costs? are on top of the more than U.S.$200 you probably had to pay/spend just to get the visa in the first place. ($131.00 for the application, $5 for the call to the consulate, $12-16 for the delivery of the visa-ed passport, approx $20 for travel roundtrip to Santo Domingo by bus, approx $10-15 for taxi to consulate at 5am, approx. $10 for photo, $10 for computer and printing services necessary to fill out application, $10-20 for the motelito where you stayed overnight in Santo Domingo?)

I take a measly US$10 + approx US$24-$75 overstay fee any day.

Reactions: MikeFisher