How to send the application to Port-Au-Prince?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I have the application for my wife almost ready, just waiting for the option-C printout, on the Immigration website it says they should be sent to Haiti, and they provide the address. I'm wondering how safe it is to send it by mail, there is a lot of info in there and some original documents, will it ever get to the destination? Should i FedEx it to them and does FedEx even go to Haiti, or can i drop if off at the embassy in Santo Domingo and then they send it Haiti? Thanks.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Isnt it to be send to Mississauga?? i thought after getting it ready you have to send it there and after they accept you as sponsor then they will send it to Haiti

what you send to Haiti is documents later on they will ask you for

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
If you are sending in your applicatio it needs to be sent to Mississauga first to be approved and THEY send it to Haiti if it is complete after that.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Now i am confused. So it needs to be sent to Mississauga office and they take it from there?

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Yes. Is this the intial stage you are doing? Everything at first goes through the Mississaugua office to approve you to sponsor - when that is done THEY send your application to Haiti - not you. Check out the CIC website, it will give you all the info you need.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Thanks. Then i guess I'll take the docs with me to Toronto since I'll be going to visit my parents a few days after New Year's, do you know if the application can be handed in or does it have to be mailed? Thanks.

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Liam:
Maybe you should do yourself a favor and have someone look over the application with you. There are tons of community groups that help with immigration for free, there's even a list on the CIC web site.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks. Then i guess I'll take the docs with me to Toronto since I'll be going to visit my parents a few days after New Year's, do you know if the application can be handed in or does it have to be mailed? Thanks.

I am pretty sure you have to mail it in and send it registered mail - it goes to a PO Box. I could be wrong but just one more detail they want you to follow to the "T"! Good luck with your application!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you sponsor your spouse or partner, and your dependent children as a group, all of their applications for permanent residence must be filled out at the same time to be mailed together.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time. There are two steps to process the application forms:
  1. The sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada), or the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).
  2. If you are approved as a sponsor, the permanent residence application is sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office.
If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec immigration sponsorship requirements. For more information, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

The application kit has the address you need for mailing your application to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada) or CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).

Taken from Sponsoring your family: Spouses and dependent children - Who can apply

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
for future reference

I was just looking up the address for CPC-Mississauga today to send something & found this...thought it may help someone in the future as it appears to only have a PO Box delivery or courier delivery and courier says "no public drop offs"

Copy & Pasted direct from Welcome Page | Page d'accueil

Found under link on the right hand side of the page
"Find a Visa Office"/"Offices in Canada"/"CPC-Mississauga"

Case Processing Centre:
Mississauga, Ontario ? Mailing addresses
Sponsorship applications for:

Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Other family class applications: