ceramic tiles

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
im looking to purchase some wall tiles, size 4" x 4" ideally black coloured, does anyone have a suggestion who may stock these in the sosua region.
many thanks

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Its probably pot luck -you also have to make sure the unglazed part doesnt soak up the moisture of the grout and ruin the surface colour (this can happen with cheap tiles)

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
There's a hardware store on the way out of POP. Right where you come out of the road to the port. It has a large selection of tile. Sorry I'm not good with names of roads. I go by landmarks. The store is on the right hand side.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Its probably pot luck -you also have to make sure the unglazed part doesnt soak up the moisture of the grout and ruin the surface colour (this can happen with cheap tiles)

MY Brother in laws house in the Dr had black marks on the ceramic was this because of cheap tiles or damp from the ground ?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I would imagine it was cheap tiles as replacing them usually solves the problem - or wrong tiles for the situation -may even be the wrong adhesive or a combination of everything lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
to answer your question:
If Deposito Ferretero there in POP does not have really good tiles, you can goto Ochoa in Santiago or Mercaven.
Ochoa is located on Av Imbert and Mercaven is on the left as you take the Duarte highway towards Santo Domingo just there at the first light.

HB