Interesting Confrontation

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Alida and I were at an Anniversary Banquet in Santiago, and sat between two dapper 70-ish gentlemen.

Who argued. A lot.

Seems one fought for Bosch and the other was some sort of officer under Elias Wessin.

The sparks flew. I wish my Spanish had been better, and the conversation slower. All ended peacefully, but it was clear that folks hold diametrically opposed points of views...

I need to read up on the history of that period, and would really enjoy the perspectives of knowledgeable DR1ers on it...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Alida and I were at an Anniversary Banquet in Santiago, and sat between two dapper 70-ish gentlemen.

Who argued. A lot.

Seems one fought for Bosch and the other was some sort of officer under Elias Wessin.

The sparks flew. I wish my Spanish had been better, and the conversation slower. All ended peacefully, but it was clear that folks hold diametrically opposed points of views...

I need to read up on the history of that period, and would really enjoy the perspectives of knowledgeable DR1ers on it...

Go talk to Hillbilly - he can enlighten you.

Gregg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
El?as Wessin y Wessin was one of the military commanders that opposed the return of Bosch in '65 and was with the overthrow in '63...

Anyone with Bosch was left of center by definition.

HB