PENSION CHEQUE direct desposit

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Does anyone have their pension payment from either the Canadian or American government go directly into a Dominican Bank. I am soon to retire from the Canadian Military (30 years plus) and believe this is possible but wish to know if anyone is doing Direct Deposit with their CPP, COAP, or Social Security pensions.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Does anyone have their pension payment from either the Canadian or American government go directly into a Dominican Bank. I am soon to retire from the Canadian Military (30 years plus) and believe this is possible but wish to know if anyone is doing Direct Deposit with their CPP, COAP, or Social Security pensions.

I have both my ss check and military retirement check direct deposit into Banco Popular.They are the only bank that has direct deposit of dollars...I do not know about canadian dollars.
bob

Feb 7, 2007
You can have US-S.S. direct deposit to ANY DR bank with USD account, including BHD and Banreservas. You need to submit paperwork via the US embassy in SD. I know that because I was assisting one person with survivor SS benefits.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
You can have US-S.S. direct deposit to ANY DR bank with USD account, including BHD and Banreservas. You need to submit paperwork via the US embassy in SD. I know that because I was assisting one person with survivor SS benefits.
thanks...I am happy with popular,and had gone to Banreserva some time back and they told me they did not have direct deposit,but maybe now...in fact I had the ss office at the us consulate do the paperwork for me and it was for Banco Popular...but it has been several years ago...
bob

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Hey Bob! Are you leaving dear little Belleville permanently? I'll be here for 12 to 16 months, but I still have my home in Belleville too.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Bob! Are you leaving dear little Belleville permanently? I'll be here for 12 to 16 months, but I still have my home in Belleville too.

Yes, Belleville is fine as far as Ontario goes. We'll buy our Canadian house in Kamloops BC area as I'm a westerner at heart and most of my family is in BC. Jarabacoa suits me fine- There are mountains and rivers and I'm not a beach person. Lots of projects for us - High School to build, soccer to coach, houses to build, Finca to plant. I'll give it a go at teaching English. I'm taking the TESL Canada Course this fall (135 hr). My youngest son just returned from a year of teaching in China, and now he's off to Japan for a year in April.
I also plan on doing some volunteer work with Children International when I''m settled in, and my Spanish becomes more proficient.
I'm sure you are enjoying PP without the stress of having to return to Canada immediately. Linda, stay well and healthy.