Las Terrenas with kids

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Playa Bonita with kids is perfect, because you can walk to many nice places with your kids. ... Of course, having a car helps... But you can always take a motoconcho to town if needed...

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
Well - how old are your kids ?. The beaches at playa bonita are great, but the sea can be rough while at las terrenas you have miles of quiet beaches where they could swim and go snorkling safely(protected by a coral reef) mainly around playa las Ballenas. And you can walk downtown (about 15 minutes walk)

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Young kids can easily enjoy the beach at the eastern corner of Playa Bonita.
(what is nice about Bonita is that it is away from downtown...)
Of course the whole region provides fantastic beaches, Coson, El Portillo, Las Terrenas, Playa Las Ballenas etc...
Try them all !

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Playa Bonita with kids is perfect, because you can walk to many nice places with your kids. ... Of course, having a car helps... But you can always take a motoconcho to town if needed...

Walk where? There is nothing in Playa Bonita except the beach. And it
is quite far from Las Terrenas. I wouldn't let any of my children ride in
a motoconcho. Goodness gratious!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I agree, that the town of Las Terrenas is very loud and in addition, disorganized; however, there are places where you can stay that are away from the noise, like the Alisei Hotel, Colibri, etc.

I just think that (having kids of my own) the kids will get utterly bored in Playa Bonita after the second day.

Juniper

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i would agree with juniper. playa bonita and playa coson would be very relaxing but especially without a vehicle they are remote. in my opinion the way to las terrenas is not difficult to find from the airport and it will cost nearly as much(possibly AS much) to get a taxi/shuttle to LT as a vehicle rented at the airport and you will have the freedom of movement once there. that is what i will do next time. have fun:) on your vacation ben

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
well, to each his own, I wish all visitors a happy vacation down here, wherever they decide to go :)

m.met

Jul 18, 2008
I would suggest to stay in Las Terrenas because you have some more services than Playa Bonita or Playa Coson. If you find a quite place in LT far from the noise you can get in the morning to the beaches and come back in the evening. Remember that Bonita and Coson are really quite, few people, could be a little boring. Anyway amazing sands!

met