Visitor visa to Canada for Brother in law

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
What do you think the chances are of my brother in law getting a visitor visa to come to Canada for about a month. He has a good job ( tour guide), he owns a house and has a bank account, I don't know how much he has in the bank but he does ok, he has a wife and three children who are not coming with him, he is wanting to come once by himself and then visit with the family at a later date, he speaks very good english. I know it is hard to get a visitor visa for spouses and partners but will it make a difference if he is my husbands brother and has no intention of staying longer than a couple of weeks.

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
mart0417, not to be negative to your question, but they won't give him a visitors visa. In their eyes, a tour guide is not a good job. That and to them a Dominican will take any measure to get out of this country, even leaving his wife and kids behind ( probably thinking he will stay and make better $$ in Canada to send back to them )

Sad but true..... Don't waste your money on an application, the outcome is already set.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
little chance but you never know

Its I was you get your own paper work
Invitation letter
Bank account to support him for his stay
your work letter
good health insurance

also he has to do his paper work, forget about sending a letter the you local MP. dont even think about it.

proof how long you know him.

I cant say he will get a visa but he can be one of the lucky ones.

if he get refuses who cares apply again eventually he will get to come.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
It is crazy that you can sponsor Parents and younger siblings but once they turn 18 you can no longer sponsor siblings. I don't understand why? Wouldn't it be a good thing for a newcomer to have family? It's not like we don't have room in Canada.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
we close our own door with our actions

There are a lot of Dominicans in Canada many who came when immigration to
Canada was easy. But then Canada started opening the eyes and refusing
Visa to almost 98% of all Dominicans who apply for a visa. With reasons!

Many over stayed, other leaving out of the tax payer abusing the system
in all kind of way. I know a few that shouldnt be here at all but wha can I do? Then in the other han you have the decent Dominican hard worker wants
to visit a family member who are hard worker and give hard time.

Canada dont do nothing to remove those worns instead close the door the
good people.

Canada preffer you to sponsor the person "take all full responsabilities"
before giving a visa.

Also I believe that for those that are involved in a relationship with a Dominican here they should do like the USA does with K1 visa

3 month visa to make the couple decide. see how they get a long, get a job
integrate to the society. if he/she doesnt like the country then go back.

Instead of giving permanent card to people that 2 month after they arrive
doesnt like the country or cant fit in. So waste of time, money and space.

A friend of mine at work sponsored his relatives from the Midle East, after long wait the family doesnt like Canada and went back to their country
for sure there are many cases similar. The country is not bad! is just that
for some people is more difficult to adjust to the new life or new country.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well Mart, I guess the answer to your question is that his chances will be slim so have him apply and if he gets approved please let us know.

Follow homer's list in post no. 4 of things to do that might help with his application.

Good Luck

Johana

May 24, 2006
Mart,

one thing is for sure if he doesn't apply then 100% he will not get one.
I agree with Anna and Homer to supply the detailed information with the letter of invitation. I'm hoping that when the time comes and my in-laws want to come and visit that we might have success :)

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Make sure to get the past 3 T4 added,
your employement letter
the letter of invitation you can get a sample of what you need to put on CIC web
Of coursethe insurance.

Explain that the guy has his job and his whatever ammount fo money to take care of himself that the rest of the doument to support his application commiting yourself during his stay and for his return, I applied 2 times previus
and was turn down for him same reason some how they give to him
HE WENT BACK TO DR!! Hope thats a plus next time I apply, I will keep updated if so.

But good luck for all of those applying and dont give up, things happen for a reason and the right time, just dont make deep plans relaying.

Last edited:

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Santo Domingo

My brother in law went to Santo Domingo last week to drop off his papers, he had a really good person they looked through his stuff and told him to add a few things, and come back next week. The lady there told him he did not need any of the things I sent except a letter of invitation. So my brother in law was laughing because he had this whole pile of things. She told him it did nto matter what I or his brother had in Canada he needs to prove he will come back. She suggested buying a plane ticket with a return date on it, and bringing that with him next week. has anyone done this before? It seems a waste to purchase a ticket if he will not be coming. She told him the key to the bank account was nto how much money that you have in the bank it is more about how active your bank account is, she told him it was good that he always had money going in and out of his account. So he is going to get a few more things together and go again on this Monday. I will let you know what happens.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One of my wife's teachers received her Visitors Visa to Canada today. It is for 6 months. She is coming to take a 6 week ESL Course at Kingston Language school. She is 28, married and has worked for my wife for 10 years. She owns her own house, and has some money in the bank, not much though. Proof that it can be done.

Last edited: