Service/Waitress/Waiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Just posting as an observation! We have been to a certain pizza restaurant on Cabarete beach several times, it has fabulous pizza, (my opinion) BUT the attitude of the staff and owner is appalling and we have decided to forgo any further pizza here. On more than one occassion we have waited over an hour to be served our food, while people around us received service and food.
The owner's attitude is oh we have trouble with the kitchen!!! The waiters need to be retrained after each table they wait on!!! Impossible that people should settle for this.
Not to only rant about one place, but on New Year's Eve in Sosua, at a spot that has recently acquired new management... and is trying to overcome a bad reputation, we thought we would give them an opportunity!!!! Big mistake!
Being the only 4 people in the place waiting for food, it took again over an hour, and the appetizers came with the main course and everything was cold.
When asked how everything was, we explained it was tasty but cold.. and the response was a shoulder shrug.
Everyone has experienced the lack of tourist dollars in both Cabarete and Sosua, but as local dwellers if this is the kind of service and attitude people receive it is no wonder that vacationers are seeking out other avenues.
As I said just an observation and a bit of a vent!!!!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Trying not to name names, so to speak.. An Irish Pub in Sosua, and an Italian place that has jazz on Thursdays.... does that narrow it down???
As I said the food both times was fine, cold at one place, but tasty, and the other food is great. The service leaves everything to be desired.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thank you I feel more enlightened- i try to stay away from irish themed bars unless they are in ireland or owned by irish people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.