Boca chica chicas

Fuddzie

Dec 3, 2008
We're going to be staying in boca chica in a couple weeks because it's close to the city and the beach. Are we going to be overwhelmed with hookers and pimps or will we be just a little bothered?

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
The hookers you can deal with.
But putting up with " Vendors " might be a bit more challengeing.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is there a bar on Durante we can go to that we won't be bothered with hookers?

Why are you going to Boca Chica if you want to avoid hookers?
You might be better off in Punta Cana in an ALL Inclusive.
Then go to La Punta to get your groove.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Pimps are not a problem!
Girls work for themselves 90% of the time.

Im not saying you won't be approached by a pimp, but if your are just give a firm NO and they will leave you alone.

Regardless of why your there if your not a local, people will assume you there for girls anyway so deal with it.

As stated before ( Juan Dolio 15 min away ) might be a better atmosphere for you outings.

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
Probably best bar to hang out at is Boat House-sits right on the water-very nice staff. Most of the expats are there late in the afternoon. A few chicas may walk thru-but if you ignore they shouldnt bug you.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Hang out on the Hotel Hamaca beach.They don't allow the beach bum vendors there..The hookers are best found near the hotel Europa at el maestro colmado and points further east on duarte av..Say NO if a guy tells you he has a girl for you...The girls will find you as they know you are not from there...Just stop in any bar at dusk and have a beer..Keep your money in your socks or sneakers as these PUTAS are pro pickpockets......

dr.traveler

Jan 1, 2009
I have never been there myself, but many a friends have suggested for peace and quiet to go down the road to Juan Dolio.

catch

Apr 25, 2007
In boca your best bet for a quiet spot is the boat house . I wish I was there now .

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
the vendors pretty much leave you alone after one day of saying no to them. They are like cockroaches tho. I think the worst are the manicure/pedicure women.

I think the best spot on the beach in Boca Chica is at Playa Del Sol. It is not nearly as crowded as the other side of the beach.

B.C. is pretty quiet during the week but gets really crowded on sundays.

If you are with someone the hookers will pretty much leave you alone. The strip at night is pretty small. If you stay away from the hooker bar (you'll figure out quickly where it is)...you are fine. The rest of the strip is mainly euro families.

I have to say that i only go to Boca Chica....cuz i have met some good friends there that make my stay really special (and i mean FRIENDS not hookers or sankies).

THe upside of B.C. is that you are close to other beaches (juan dolio, guyacannes, playa caribe) and there are some great excursions to isla saona and catalina...and you are just 30 mins from the capital

Again...i agree with most people here...the beach vendors are the most annoying thing about BC. the hookers...dont worry about it.