Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort renovations

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
When I stayed at the Palace in September I noticed a major renovation going on next door at the Beach resort. Does anyone know if they are completed and is there any infiormation, pics etc of the new facility, web based or otherwise. Thanks for reading.

mac

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
When I was there in September the resort was closed for renovations, and according to the Barcelo website the resort is still closed and is not accepting guests. When did your client stay there? I think the credibility of your post is lacking. I was looking for information about the hotel, not your opinion. Since you had not the information I was looking for you should not have posted.

Jan 9, 2004
A friend and his family stayed there for....

two days last week. So, I guess part of it is still open. The Beach was supposed to open over the holidays, but according to my friend it did not appear to be open yet.

FYI, they left and went elsewhere because, in their words, the food was horrible.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
I do agree in the part where people say that the Barcelo in Punta Cana in horrible and the food there simply sucks, I stay there about a year and half ago and go really sick in one of the restaurant there.