Waiver for Excess Luggage - Skyservice

milo

Jan 27, 2005
I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain some type of waiver or permission for excess luggage weight for those bringing medicines, sports equipment, etc. into Puerto Plata via Skyservice from Canada. A contact name or email address would be helpful. I thought I had seen posted before, but am unable to find. Any assistance would be very much appreciated, as well, if anyone knows how long it may take to receive waiver of this type, seems to be a request needs to be sent a couple of weeks in advance.

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain some type of waiver or permission for excess luggage weight for those bringing medicines, sports equipment, etc. into Puerto Plata via Skyservice from Canada. A contact name or email address would be helpful. I thought I had seen posted before, but am unable to find. Any assistance would be very much appreciated, as well, if anyone knows how long it may take to receive waiver of this type, seems to be a request needs to be sent a couple of weeks in advance.

HI,
I got one when I came down with a childs bike. It was a few years ago but...if memory serves me correctly...I believe I had to get it thru skyservice(that's how I went down). I flew out of Pearson. I spoke to the rep on the phone and he sent me an email stating he was sending me a letter. I printed it off...it stated the date of flight....etc. When I got the letter in the mail..I kept both pieces of correspondence..and took the to the airport with me. When I was checking in....I had to go the the "overweight" luggage counter....they took the letter....bike was already wrapped up for shipping...they loaded it on the plane....Arrived at POP....asked the airport men if they had seen a childs bike yet...being unloaded...they checked and came back with my bike...not a problem or issue.
Hope this helps!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If you know the recipient of the medicines & sports equipment & it is A CHARITABLE ORGANISATION, get them to send you a letter explaining that you are making a donation TO that/those charities of these goods. Airlines (despite how they are often painted) can be humane :pirate: :ermm: & will allow medicines & donations free passage IF they have the space.

I have done this for Integracion Juvenil in the past, I have organised a similar letter through the British Consulate & a few weeks ago I organised one from Centro Medico for some Gastric Feeding bottles - ALL the airlines & Tour companies contacted were MOST helpful & supportive.

If you already have the names at the organisation you have chosen, the process of getting a letter may take just a day or two. The obtaining of permissions from the Tour Company/airline at YOUR end should not take much more than a day or two either ...... hence 7/14 days should see you with the agreement in place.

Good luck & 'Thanks' on behalf of whomever your chosen charity/hospital is AND of course, the FINAL end users/recipients!! ~ Grahame.