Jet Blue. Opinions?!

PequenaTortuga

Feb 19, 2007
Hello,
Just wondering how many of you have flown on Jet Blue? (to the Dominican Republic)
Did you like it?
I've never flown with them before, but am scheduled to later in the month. I've heard mixed reviews.
For right now, the only thing I can comment on is how much I loved the price, much cheaper than flying American.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I really like the Terra Blue chips served inflight!
I have never had an issue with Jetblue, CO is my second choice & I would not fly AMR for free.

A

apostropheman

Agreed

I really like the Terra Blue chips served inflight!
I have never had an issue with Jetblue, CO is my second choice & I would not fly AMR for free.
JB is great, CO is my norm too and Delta is also good if you can get a decent price. US Air served me well and cheaply on a few flights to SDQ. Too bad they don't fly to POP...;)

Flown AA twice in 30 years and got fu**ed both times....NEVER again!:pirate:

Reactions: Tamborista

edm7583

May 29, 2007
In terms of customer service and onboard amenities they are the Best! (though not always the cheapest) Their frequent flyer program is one of the better ones too.
Pros:
The most legroom in a coach seat. Period. (34" pitch with some 38" pitch seats for an extra fee.) You will never get a 34" pitch coach seat on AA. 31-32 is usually the standard.
Newer planes. More amenities on board.
A frequent flyer program where you actually have a decent chance of actually getting an award ticket.
Their new terminal 5 at JFK is absolutely wonderful. I was just there on Tuesday for the first time and it really blew me away.

Cons:
The Direct TV and the XM Satellite Radio which is usually free will not work once you stop flying over the US. For entertainment, you will have to purchase a movie for $5.
They have a strict embargo year round on baggage to/from the Dominican Republic. 1 bag free, a second bag will be accepted for $20 and that's it. No excess pieces. No boxes. No oversized bags. No bags accepted at all that weigh over 50lbs.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I fly Jet Blue twice a month from STI to JFK, I love them. You can have as many snacks as you want and the staff is usually very friendly. You also earn your free flight alot quicker than with American.
SHALENA

PequenaTortuga

Feb 19, 2007
Great! I am glad to see all these positive things.
I think the only thing that stuck in my head as negative when Jet Blue had passengers stuck in the plane for hours because of snow delay, then there was drama about getting refunds. That was a few years ago though, and they weren't even going to the Dominican.
I am so excited to be coming back!... a week and a half left of snowy weather, then I return to the North Coast, in search of an apartment, a job, and sunshine. (I'm pretty sure the sun will be the easiest to find, lol)

wendyj

Jul 24, 2006
I had to change my last flight back to DR because of weather and JB were great about it...............No problems

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
JetBlue employees are great,very corteous and accomodating.The only problem i've had with the was trying to leave the DR last march when ALL the flights were cancelled and they didnt notify anyone until they arrived at the airport.It took two hours waiting on line and two days to get the JFK,one extra night in Santiago,for which i never thanked them and a night in miami.other than that,as Tony the Tiger says"they're great".

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
My only experiencewith Jet Blue was in November.
I had to go to Texas for a medical problem and booked out of Santo Domingo to Austin. The flight cancelled due to a maintenance issue causing me to miss my medical appointment.
Jet Blue did refund me the price of the ticket, PLUS awarded me a FREE ROUND TRIP airfare. I don't know of any other airline that does that. Course I haven't flown for some time now so the policy climate may have changed over the years.
When I'll ever get to use the freebie, I don't know, but their thoughtfulness will always be with me.

TexasBill

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
the good thing about jet blue in santiago is that it usually has at least three flights a day. it really helps out if you miss a flight or decide to stay a few extra days.they usually put you on stand bye with out a charge. they are a great value for the cost...

May 31, 2005
I have flown JetBlue from Orlando to New York City and from Orlando to Santo Domingo and I like it. It is much better than American Airlines thats for sure. I also love the blue chips. I always have Directtv on the way to Santo Domingo but it does not work from Santo Domingo to Orlando. They say that it goes away after leaving us territory but it never goes away for me though. I just cannot change the channel so I make sure that I have it on a channel that I like. LOL