Help for deported Dominican going to Canada or Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Someone I know is deported in DR and is in talks trying to get to Canada. If this is possible, how hard is it to get employment in Canada? Where is the most concentration of Dominicans or where should this person go? Any suggestions?

I know of many deported Dominicans that end up in Europe as well, I am wondering if that is a better prospect? Probably more costly, but I guess I'll have the same questions as above.

I know I am being vague, but I am trying to help and at the same time not trying to put all the business out there...

Any insight?

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I know a guy who was Dominican born, moved to the US and was then Deported back to the Dominican for what I believe to be drug offences. He is planning on moving off again in the near future, I'm not sure how it all works.

I wouldn't expect Canada will have him, I would imagine it to be pretty difficult to enter Canada even if you weren't a criminal.

Mar 2, 2008
If this person is Dominican, I wouldn't think it would be possible to deport him/her.

If the person is not Dominican, and there is reason to deport (ex. convicted of criminal activity) then there is not much that can be done to prevent deportation to his/her native country, or a country that is willing to accept, which is a scenario usually reserved for political exiles.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Can you help me understand this? A Dominican born is being deported 'from' the Dominican?

Talldrink

Someone I know is Dominican born, used to be in the USA then deported back to the Dominican Republic !is this right he has been deported back to the Dominican Republic from the USA
why are they deporting him from the D/R if he is Dominican born Would Canada have him or Europe ?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Folks,

What TD is saying is that this fellow once lived in the USA. He was deported to the Dominican Republic and is now trying to make his way to Canada. Let's not judge why he was deported...deportations don't only happen to those involved in crimes etc.

TD - I know of someone that was deported to the DR and he is now back in NYC but, with someone else's identity. Guy works, has a family and all. But not under his real name. He bought the identity in the DR.

Folks,

What TD is saying is that this fellow once lived in the USA. He was deported to the Dominican Republic and is now trying to make his way to Canada. Let's not judge why he was deported...deportations don't only happen to those involved in crimes etc.

TD - I know of someone that was deported to the DR and he is now back in NYC but, with someone else's identity. Guy works, has a family and all. But not under his real name. He bought the identity in the DR.

When can I meet him??? ;):)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Tigre, thanks for clarifying my points!

This person was deported to the Dominican Republic and is now trying to make way to Canada or most likely Spain (somehow!!). Yes guys, this person is not trying to go to the consulate now and getting a new visa somewhere else. They are trying to PAY to get OUT of DR and go somewhere else - ANYWHERE!

Since I dont know Canada or Spain that well, nor where there is the most Dominican population in eiter places, I was wondering if someone can help me out with some suggestions for this person.

thanks,

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Many, many people are looking for a way off the island...some very decent folks who just can't catch a break in the DR would love a chance to make a new life somewhere else...and some whose intentions are not so noble.

Talldrink, in all fairness to anyone who may want to help, I think that many people would be remiss if they found out they had helped someone leave the country if they had done something wrong to get deported in the first place.

Ad you know how it is, the first thing that comes to mind is that he probably got deported because he was involved in some crime. Fair or not that will be the perception.

I know from the US anyone deported would have to wait a minimum of five years to apply for a visa, but the chances of that happening are about zilch even if he is sponsored by a relative.

If he is looking to legally go to Canada, he would again have to be sponsored by someone living there(a relative, if I'm not mistaken) and the deportation on his record would work against him.

He may be able to go to Spain as they let many Dominicans go there for work, but because the global economy is in a slump that may not be possible.

Offhand I can't think of any other way to do it legally. All his other options would involve getting to Canada illegally.

Someone correct me if any of the info I posted is wrong.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Berzin, thanks for the info and I agree with your points 100%. However, I'm not looking for assistance in GETTING anyone anywhere. So let me be specific on one thing at a time.

Where are the largest concentration of Dominicans in Canada and Spain?
what kind of jobs are available for someone without papers in these areas?

How's that?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The largest concentration of Dominicans in Canada is Montreal. Spain = all over the place.
In Canada mosdt are in construction/restaurants. Spain - construction, maids, prostitutes, nannys, strippers.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
An illegal in spain would not get work these days. We used to employ illegals without papers on the building sites when I worked over there as they accepted less money, now europe has opened right up and people from all over can work legally in spain and they will work for less as well, the market is closed there.
Women will get work without papers if they are extremely beautiful but only as whores and even then the competition is huge now europe is open for business.

Polish are even said to be heading home now as they have flooded the market with underpaid legal workers.

In a word, no chance!!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Doubtful Canada will have him, They are having a hayday right now deporting, due to gang violence.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Talldrink - there are a lot of Dominicans in Canada but not nearly as many as in Spain. Think about it - in Spain they speak the native language of the DR so it is a popular place for Dominicans to go, especially since there is some special thing in place for Dominicans to get there much easier than Canada via a work visa. If this guy has been deported to the DR from the U.S., it's pretty certain he can cross Canada off his list as you cannot have a criminal record to obtain LEGAL residency. Not to say that this person was deported for a good reason but it will be on his record... especially since he was deported from the U.S.... Canada and U.S. share records. Also, in Canada, remember the language is English or French (mainly just Quebec, New Brunswick or parts of Northern Ontario) and if he does not speak English (which he may since he lived in New York but there are pocket areas there where one can live as if they were in the DR and get by with only Spanish). Also, in Canada, unless he has university or college education, he will likely end up work in construction, in the hotel/restaurant industry or in a factory. It's hard for Dominicans to get a "good" job here unless their English is good and they have credentials. Also, I have not been to Montreal recently to know how the Dominican community is there but there is also a fairly established Dominican community in Toronto.

Hope that helps.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Someone I know is deported in DR and is in talks trying to get to Canada. If this is possible, how hard is it to get employment in Canada? Where is the most concentration of Dominicans or where should this person go? Any suggestions?

I know of many deported Dominicans that end up in Europe as well, I am wondering if that is a better prospect? Probably more costly, but I guess I'll have the same questions as above.

I know I am being vague, but I am trying to help and at the same time not trying to put all the business out there...

Any insight?

Tell him that since he was "Deported" from the US, he would have a very hard (not to say impossible) time getting a migrant, tourist visa to any of the countries you listed. Using fake documents is only going to add to the list of his problems. He should avoid that way as it would shut him down, if ever he was arrested on another country with Interpol agreements (which includes much of the known developed world).

He better cowboy on this one and work to become a contributing member within the Dominican society, else his life will be a living hell!

He can travel Visa free to a great number of countries with which the DR shares no-visa agreements with. Many of those are first world countries like Japan and Israel...

Canada will NEVER accept him as a migrant/tourist since their criminal database is closely linked to that of the US, the same for Mexico.

Even if he was to make use of fraudulent papers, if he ever was processed by any law enforcement agency in any of those places, his Interpol data would give him away in seconds.

I have very little sympathy for people that think the answer to their life's standards lie elsewhere when things like this happen.

Maybe "WE" are better off having him gone to any other place in earth than our country. Since it seems to be the last place on earth he wants or could stand to live at... Maybe it'll be a blessing for us if he was to find some fraudulent way to hit some foreign soil...

There's always Haiti within some walking distance and some getting his feet wet crossing the Massacre...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Now that Talldrink set me and everybody else straight, let's get off this conjecture over what this person did to get deported and how he may or may not leave the DR. That is not what she is asking about.

She is looking for specific information on Dominican enclaves in Canada and Spain, for example Washington Heights in NYC as opposed to just a vague reference to the city itself.

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Jeez...what is so hard for people to get? She's not trying to help him get a visa legally or otherwise. He'll find the way to make it to these countries on his own account.

TD in my part of the country all of those who have been deported and wanted to leave again have either taken the big risk of trying to make it back to The US (Some have made it, others have been caught, put in jail for up to 4 years and deported back) and most others have gone to Spain or somewhere else in Europe via Spain. The word is though that nobody is making much money over there (i.e. ex-brother in law is now working at a bar, big high roller he used to be in The US)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thank you all for the information and specifics - very helpful.

Anyone that knows me personally here, also knows enough to understand my lifestyle and choices - both in DR and in the US. I try not to judge anyone mainly because I have kids of my own and I dont know where life will take me or them. I do try to live 'by the rules' and all I can do is hope that my kids take that same path. They are really the only people I have any say on and even that surely is temporary with life.

With that said, Pichardo - thank you for your post, although I dont think half of what you had to say was really necessary. You made alot of assumptions that are inaccurate and I will not address any of it because it really doesnt matter at this point. I dont see the need to defend somebody else's choices or lifestyle or even need to change their lives nor environment.

Thanks again all for your replies. You have been of much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.