Missionaires coming to the DR/Haiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am not sure if this is a proper discussion and perhaps the moderators will chose to close it. Many "others"-i.e. non- Americans, are unfamiliar with many of the American missionaires who are coming to this island to work. I wanted to give you a deeper experience of some of the belief sets.

Under the Bush administration in the US, Congress passed "The Faith Based Initiative" under which Federal money could be given to faith based groups for their work both inside the United States and abroad. This was a controversial measure which many thought breached a basic premise of the United States, which was the separation of Church and State. Others,who carried the day, said that faith based organizations often had better ties to a community, better facilities, and in the case of foreign aid, could by pass corrupt foreign leadership.

Under this proposal, a Senator from Michigan has earmarked $500,000 for a project called Michigan Teen Challenge, a drug and rehab program with very strong ties to the Assemblies of God Church. They are proposing an affiliation with one church for a project in Haiti.

http://www.adorationchurch.com/app/w_page.php?type=section&id=73

Here is what this church gives on the history of Haiti:
"On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. The founding fathers and others present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual with hundreds of slaves drinking the sacrificial pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born and thus began a new demonic tyranny."

Have many DR1ers run across this type of belief about Haiti here in the DR?

What do you think of it?

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Annie: I am sorry but this is not DR related. It is also very, very much against most guidelines.

I am going to close this.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.