New guy needs help

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I am brand new to your community.

Looking for some help, any guys care to help me with the ins and outs of traveling and meeting nice girls?

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Say hello

If you see one you like just walk up and start talking to her just like anywhere else.

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Ok sorry, here are more details......

41 YEARS OLD, not an expat yet, average looking guy ( Dominican women say I look good but I am sure they say that to all men with passport ) Have been to sosua once and santo domingo a few times, have met some nice gilrs through the internet and saw them when I came. usually go to the houses and take girls for the night ( i think that is too expensive ) have had lots of fun, but would rather start meeting non- pros, my spanish is ok if the girl is patient, trying to talk over loud music is impossible. Maybe i would like to fall in love but there are just to many choices. I am planning on a trip this February for about 3 weeks. I am going to fly into Puerto Plata and leave from SDQ. drive from the north and make stops in santiago, la vega, bonao, maybe more. I looking to shop smart, not over priced food, hotels or chicas. What do you think now ?

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
More details

Ok sorry, here are more details......

41 YEARS OLD, not an expat yet, average looking guy ( Dominican women say I look good but I am sure they say that to all men with passport ) Have been to sosua once and santo domingo a few times, have met some nice gilrs through the internet and saw them when I came. usually go to the houses and take girls for the night ( i think that is too expensive ) have had lots of fun, but would rather start meeting non- pros, my spanish is ok if the girl is patient, trying to talk over loud music is impossible. Maybe i would like to fall in love but there are just to many choices. I am planning on a trip this February for about 3 weeks. I am going to fly into Puerto Plata and leave from SDQ. drive from the north and make stops in santiago, la vega, bonao, maybe more. I looking to shop smart, not over priced food, hotels or chicas. What do you think now ?

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
New guy needs help, young man, I'm 57 yr Old Black MAN, we are gringo's, black or white or american dominicans.............they don't tell me I'm good looking, but they sure treat me like I'm good looking............You say you met some nice girls on the net and went to their houses and took them out for the night, but they were pros, so I'm thinking and hoping you meant to say nice looking..............I often wondered why a 18 or 19yr old hottie, by anyones standards, would take me home to meet her mother and father, that I'm probably older than and unlike the US, I have no problem at all............I recently figured out after 6 yrs of this, that they are showing off the big fish they just caught..................Now you are complaining about too expensive, but I'm sure you have compared what that over night date, if possible, here in the states would cost you................and in the States, you would be limited to women in there 30's and they would act like they were doing you a favor..............

You are already spoiled, like myself, but you mention too many choices, are you serious ???????????? NO NO NO NO Read the SANKY FORUMS first and realize along with the all time favorite sport of BASEBALL,,,,,,,,,,SANKY BALL is an all time favorite sport that the males and females play very good............And if you can add up the money, probably, I take that back, doe's bring more money to the island than BASEBALL................. Sammy Sossa and whoever you can add up together..........All is fair in love and war and when you run into your dream-girl, that you are looking for, you will have more than your share of both.............

And from what you have writen so far, you have run your 100yd races with these young ladies and won and now you are about to make a cross island run, looking for that dream girl ..................All I'm saying is keep your players cap on at all times and your best running sneakers................But you will have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, chicas, from the time you get on the plane to D.R., around every corner, look up, look down, they are there, all over ..................

I pay from 10 to 35 US per day for a room and don't mind being in the hood for cheaper..........The main thing is to stay friendly and avoid confrontations..I caught a small case of food poisoning at a roadside restaurant in Sept., still don't wan't to see any meatballs...........

Reactions: badpiece33

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks for all your words Augustus, but you kinda lost me. The girls i met online were not pros, they were looking for love, never asked for money. I took them yo resorts and spoiled them a bit, but they never asked. But I broke hearts along the way. I do not want to do that amymore, i would like to meet some hotties in santiago or wherever who are college girls and not looking to fall in love.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Chris, you broke no hearts. They are prob just mad that they wasted their time with you and got no promise of papers.

If you are looking for a serious girlfriend, then meeting them online is still a bit taboo in DR - that IF you are looking for a MUJER SERIA and not just a fling.

Read around and you can get some more info on how life is for a Gringo in DR. Love is not love there unless you are willing to put in some time.

At any rate, common sense and logic are the same worldwide.

Reactions: badpiece33
Mar 2, 2008
It is difficult for a gringo to develop a serious relationship with a Dominicana. Although there are exceptions, a gringo must be willing to forget almost everything he has learned about relationships with women. Then he has to seriously adjust and amend his expectations. Finally, he must be willing to accept a much different role as a man.

Relationships simply are not the same in the DR as they are in NA, and Dominicanas have a much different concept of romantic relationships, and a much different percepttion of men.

The Dominican Republic has its own culture, and their basic definitions, perceptions, and needs of romantic involvement are as foreign to the typical North American as are the driving habits, the speech patterns, and the rhythms of life of the DR.

All you have to do is look around, and you know why it might be worth the effort. However, if you are expecting to find the same type of relationships you find in the states you will be disappointed and hurt.

These relationships are not particularly better, nor are they signicantly worse. They are just completely different.

Enjoy the relationships for what they are. If you can go with the flow, and learn to adapt, you will enjoy it, and you'll be a happy man.

If you can't do those things, don't even try. You will in way over your head, in unfriendly and unfamiliar waters.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
what age range/size/shape will you be going for ? do you prefer one that can cook or one thats better at other things ?

as if I would know lol

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Chris, It is you and your statement, that has me lost.................you said , you look forward to meeting non-pros ....................So maybe you meant to say , more, non-pros...................well, if you are taking young college age girls to your room, overnight and not paying and complaining, that is too expensive...............YOU should have posted " New guy needs to help YOU " and that is one reason my reply was so long, in the first place....................

Now, i'm thinking that you must be mistaken and are not an average looking guy, as you stated and you have the looks of Brad Pitt or Denszel Washington, or both, put together, if you are breaking those many hearts, overnight ..........and I won't even mention the famous, Mr. Johnny Holmes, ALL IN ONE DARNNIT.............Just Hate-ing..............

But I forgot to mention D.R., gives you the most and best ACTRESSES and ACTORS, for the money, even if you aren't spending that much, right now................

Plus, you didn't say that you speak Spanish as well as a Spanish " Don Juan "

You have hit the Island four or five times, over what length of time ????????

I have been back and forth for 6 years and have seen the games and broken hearts, both male and female, including my own .......................

So, let me take the score , Dom's - 999,999 .............Americans - 1 ( you ) ?

So, if you are worried about breaking hearts, you should not go to Santiago and break all of those college girls hearts, unless you have a Cristal Ball, handy .................

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Age - 18-25, size & shape - sexy as hell. cooking is nice, but having fun and knowing how to take care of me is mist important.

I am not looking for love..... But i think they call it " Amiga con derechos " is what I am looking for. If love comes I can cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks to all who have been nice enough to respond.

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Hey Agustus, thanks again for your words.... yes i am avergae looking, i do not look like an actor. The non pro college girls were not one nighters....they were girls i took to resorts for a few days, took them shopping, bought them different things, let them go to the beauty salon etc Some I met the family and had dinner in their house. The problem was they wanted follow up, wanted long term commitment. After 3 or 4 days I was ready for the next one I had lined up. All these non - pros I met online and made plans with long before I got there. What I need help with is how do I MEET non pros or just a nice girl who is not looking to fall in love and just wants a guy to show here a nice time and if she needs some money that is not a problem.

Thanks again.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
:bunny: :bunny:

If LOVE comes, you better jump over that Bridge and after a few more years consider crossing it .......with much caution................

But, again I'm am OLD MAN, what do I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
My problem is, I wouldn't know a nice girl, if I stepped on her and if I found her, because of hanging out in Sosua, all these years, I wouldn't know what to do with her, simular to yourself, because what you were doing with those nice college girls, I have been doing the same thing in Sosua, except I didn't go with them to pick up the gifts I bought them................:eek::eek::eek: :glasses:and I had fun, also, but with my limited spanish skills, was unable to ascertain what college they were currently attending...........:ermm::ermm:

But I guess, I'm just trying to have a Debate...............What you described to me were nice looking girls, but not marrying material, because of the listing, that got there before you, by a day or two and a day or two after you left.........Not like Sosua, but not far from it.............:bunny::bunny:

chillyg

Nov 17, 2008
Looking for love in DR.................man just too many fine girls in this little country, it's just like they say in those DR vacation commercials, " Come to the gem of the carribbean, The Dominican Republic, and fall in love all over again.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
one day before my gems are dragging the ground, i will come to Santiago, get me a nice girl and live happily ever after. in the meantime, i'm just gonna try to set records for being with the most chicas on a short vacation.

how do you say smorgasbord in spanish ?

murilka

Nov 6, 2008
Age - 18-25, size & shape - sexy as hell. cooking is nice, but having fun and knowing how to take care of me is mist important.

I am not looking for love..... But i think they call it " Amiga con derechos " is what I am looking for. If love comes I can cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks to all who have been nice enough to respond.

Amiga con derechos ...I hope you realize that you will be the one to pay those "benefits". there is no other reason 18-25 year old would want you at 41.... and you say you not looking for a pro....