dominicus palace la romana

retiredboston

Jan 19, 2009
Hello

We are going to be staying at viva dominicus palace, we're not sure when we are going yet? need advice on good time of year to go, airlines from boston to la romana and what do you think of this hotel?

thank you

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Don't know about the flight but the hotel is good, according to dominican standards, and mainly focused on italian turists including food. The Baiahybe beach is beatiful. be carefull and don't go to the Dominicus Beach wich is the first stage and is older (and not much cheaper).

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Hello

We are going to be staying at viva dominicus palace, we're not sure when we are going yet? need advice on good time of year to go, airlines from boston to la romana and what do you think of this hotel?

thank you

I was there in September (2007) which I enjoyed, but I wouldn't really recommend it. September is statistically the worst for hurricanes (even the associated storms) though the season runs from May to November. I think the best times to go are January to June and late October to December, or you could say late October to June! (I was in La Romana in early-mid October this year and again met a passing hurricane and stirred up waters.)

What I like about the property is that it's massive and you have use of all of it when you're staying at the Palace (same can't be said about the Beach guests but all is available to them too for an extra $10 or $20 if you want to access the Palace a la cartes). The expanse of the property runs the length of the beach as well, not from the beach inland. There are so many areas that you can hang out, in the sun and shade, palapas or trees, private or crowded. The European clientele makes the disco a hot and stylish place to groove. The shows can go either way. I almost hated what I saw while somebody else who lives in the DR says that it's known for its excellent shows. The bars have a lot of self-serve options which is a stroke of genius, but it's not necessarily well-marked nor are you provided instructions at check in so you can feel a bit lost for a spell.

I like that there's a lot of real estate for a relatively low number of rooms so lots of space for all. I have pictures at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach and Palace, September 2007 pictures, photos, and videos, from caribbean on webshots Note that the water is usually extremely calm but Hurricane Felix was passing and the affects are visible in the ocean.

Kaki