Is it too soon? Re- Immigration Canada

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
It has been more than six months since the papers were recieved in Mississauga. I sent in originals of everything with copies. I have not been asked up to this point for anything. I live here in DR with my husband. My son was born in October so i sent in the original BC with a copy and a copy of the short form. Along with updated Christmas/New Years Pics. In others experiences, When you hear nothing and just are waiting..when is the best time to get an MP involved to get a status update?

I know every time line is different and situation as well but i'm just curious.

Thanks,

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Hi Sherry, congratulations on the birth of your baby. He's automatically a Canadian citizen. In his case you only need to apply for proof of citizenship so that you can then apply for a passport.

Application for a citizenship certificate from outside Canada

Sorry I can't answer your question about your husband's case. In my opinion, it would worth contacting a Member of parliament - 2 Canadians citizens living abroad who want to return to Canada with the family united. I think it's worth it if you can move it along a little sooner. Good luck.

Members of Parliament:
http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=Current&Language=E

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Hi Sherri,
I believe 6 months is considered to be early in the process. Most people take between 8-17 months, which is completely ridiculous, but that is the reality. It can't hurt contacting your MP to see what's going on with your file, however, sometimes they aren't very helpful. I think it would be worth while for you to check out the thread in the visa section called Ordering CAIPS NOTES. http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/84374-ordering-caips-notes.html
It is a service which allows you to receive a list of the notes and possible things on your file, so you can have some peace of mind, knowing that things are moving along even if you haven't heard anything.
Good luck with everything. I hope you have your husband with you soon.

sherri

Jan 25, 2006

Thanks for the reply..J am going to order the CAIPS in a few days. Thank God for people on this site. And Thank God I live with my husband it makes the process so much easier!...

Thanks to Everyone on this site!