Leonelmeter

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Problem is "D" is that we'd need a ton of band width just to put it up on the internet!!

So many....But the idea is marvelous...

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
:) What a splendid idea, Dolores.

Perhaps we could use this thread? Can I start?

Governmental austerity. Promise broken. Twice.

I think it is just funny how many of you complain about Leonel not doing enough,
yet once he does accomplishes some of it, are the first ones to criticise him for
spending too much money.

Who can understand you people?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
That's a 1
:)
Governmental austerity. Promise broken. Twice.

That's a 2
fight against corruption,
broken,
just look on the x-mas pardons

That's a 3

May I add the The General Education Law 66-1997, that mandates the government to spend at least 4% of the GDP or 16% of the national budget on investments in education. It became law in Leonel's first tenure as president 1996 -2000. To date the educational expenditure has vacillated somewhere between 1.9 to 2.5%.:disappoin

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
Hello everyone,

The "Leonel" meter is a great idea. Franberu, thanks for the Leonel Link, very interesting.

Are there noticeable differences in the infrastructure of the DR,
and general standard of living since Leonel and his party were elected?

Thanks.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
my straight answer for the sunday joke would be:
"my calculator just allows 16 digits at once, so i can not count all X's up", he he

serious, we have to take a look what is the Metro cost for the dominican gubmin/public, not what it costs for the european banks who obviously did the whole 9 yards. what they pay their money/loans for is their decision, not the decision of the DR gubmin or anybody else.
such financial partnerships sure would not be interested in assisting our educational or medicational needs, they give a heck on the wellfeeling of any country's people, they are business conglomerates and make business, they see the Metro as a lucrative business on their papers, so they bought a Metro to be installed in the DR, and sure they want to expand that.
i dam. sure hope never anything happens to them which would stop them to be involved before that Metro is fully paid(30 years payment plan i heard), because the DR would by far not be able to pay the monthly $$ for the loan itself.
so my question is:
what costs in case of the Metro does the DR gubmin/public face?
is there some kind of subsidy to be paid to keep fares(actually 20 pesos per ride) low and effordable for the public? who would be in charge to set/raise/lower fares?
will the mainyenance of the whole project be part of the financing partners or is there a part to be paid by the public?
would be interested in those numbers.
at this moment, a public transportation which brings the people for 20 pesos throu the capital city, is the most effordable and comfortable way available.
Mike